"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

wishing you sunshine...

Hello!  Popping in with a rainbow inspired card for a couple of challenges:  the Paper Players and Fab Friday.  The were no rainbows today in my part of the world even though there was a lot of rain!  But, that didn't stop me from creating this fun rainbow card!  I had made a card the other day and decided to use a stencil on it.  I went through all my stencils and found some rainbow themed stencils from PaperTrey Ink's Make it Market mini kits.  I paired a stencil with a heart in the center and the rays coming out from it with a stamp and die from the mini kit.   I started my card by masking off the rays on the stencil and inking up the heart with Candied Apple distress oxide ink.  I then determined how many rays I wanted to be each color and inked them up in rainbow order starting with orange.  I used the following distress oxide inks:  Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Lucky Clover, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, and Wilted Violet.  When I was finished with the main rays I inked up the smaller rays in the same order.  I then die cut the piece with an AJVD basic rectangle and some dark gray cardstock with the same die so I could layer the two per the Fab Friday sketch.  I then die cut the word sunshine from patterned paper that is part of the mini kit four times and layering them together.  The rest of the sentiment was stamped in VersaMark watermark ink on vellum and embossed with black embossing powder from WOW!   I adhered the vellum strip to the main panel and then adhered the die cut word.   Popped everything up on a white cardstock base. 



Thanks for stopping by and have a wondeful day!

8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Amazing rainbow rays, Rosemary!! Just love them radiating from the red heart and I love the sentiment with diecut Sunshine!!

Anita in France said...

Bright, sunny and so fun, Rosemary ... love that heart sun! Hugs, Anita :)

Amanda Mertz said...

It seems that the 2 challenges were meant to be with your card! I love the rainbow sunburst on the big panel and your nice weighty die cut sentiment! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Greta said...

What a great rainbow card, Rosemary! I don't even remember that stencil--a good one to have!

Heather said...

Wow, Rosemary - this is gorgeous! Love your rainbow rays, such a happy sentiment, but SO well composed! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your rainbow sunburst, this is so cute!

Allisa said...

Such a gorgeous card! Great idea to use the sun rays as your rainbow! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun card, all around Rosemary! I especially love the slight tilt on the layers. That's a great detail. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!