"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, July 20, 2020

flowers...

Hello and happy Monday!  I'm popping in with a couple of cards that I have shared on Instagram.  One card is for the MFT sketch challenge and I was just going to use Instagram to enter the challenge, but decided to post it on my blog since I still have a little bit of time before the challenge closes.  The second card was just something I colored up last week and turned into a card.   With the card for the MFT sketch challenge I used one of the images from the MFT Magnolia Blossom stamp set.  I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored the flowers with two Copic markers (R81 and R83).  The stems were colored with one (YG67) and the center of the main flower with just one color, as well (Y02).  I had originally started coloring the image with different colors, but it was too bright.  I really took my time with the coloring and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.   I fussy cut the image once it was done and then finished up the rest of the card per the sketch.  I have a medallion die from MFT that I used for the background.  I don't know what it is called and I don't think it is available any more, but it is sure is pretty.  This is my first time using it.  I stamped the sentiment (from a retired MFT stamp set called Spring Blossoms) on vellum with watermark ink and heat embossed with Ebony embossing powder from WOW!

With the second image I used my ZIG markers.  I love the Mondo line of stamps from Ellen Hutson and one of my favorites in the Mondo Gerbera Daisy.  I used that one and stamped it on smooth bristol cardstock with VersaFine CLAIR Acorn ink.   This is another one that I spent along time on the coloring.  Once I was done with the ZIG coloring I added a little bit of depth with a brown Polychromos color pencil.  The image was die cut with the matching die.   To make the card I kept it simple and just added a little strip of yellow cardstock that I embossed and a simple sentiment that I stamped with the same Acorn ink.  I think coloring with my ZIGs is my favorite way to color. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!


6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love both floral cards, Rosemary, but I think card one w/the medallion is my fave! Gorgeous coloring!! Hey, you should add to the NBUS challenge since the medallion is getting it's first play!
https://mynbus.blogspot.com/2020/07/nbus-challenge-16.html

Lisa Elton said...

You are rockin' the floral cards lately Rosemary! Fabulous coloring on both of these, so PRETTY!

Anita in France said...

Two floral beauties, Rosemary ... both so wonderfully coloured! The background medallion on the first is so pretty with the pink and grey ... and how lovely is that gerbera! I have two on my desk waiting to be coloured ... hope I can do as gorgeous a job as you've done! Hugs, Anita :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What delights you have for us today, just 2 gorgeous cards Rosemary.
Take care
Faith x

Greta said...

Lovely cards, Rosemary! Your coloring is beautiful!

TK said...

Stunning! Absolutely beautiful, Rosemary, as is the medallion