"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 6, 2021

a unicorn and a snowman...

 Yes... you read that one right, lol!  I have two cards to share and one features a unicorn while the other a snowman.  And they are both valentines!  First up is the unicorn and this valentine is for my great niece Kaia who lives in California.   I have had the idea for this card ever since I made this unicorn card a few months ago.  The unicorn is made with various dies from the Spellbinders Season's Greetings Deer die set that I modified to turn the deer into a unicorn.  The modifications are simple.  Trim off the ears so they can be repositioned and then use the little santa hat die from the set to create the horn.  Easy peasy!  The color palette for this card comes from this week's Color Throwdown challenge.  Since this card is going to a little girl I had to add some sparkle so I die cut the horn and the piece that creates the nose from yellow glitter paper.  I die cut the flowers from the pink, lavendar and mint green cardstock and assembled them.  All the main pieces of the unicorn were adhered together and then adhered to a heart die cut from white cardstock.  I used my Stitched Dot Heart dies from A Jillian Vance Design for the hearts.  I finished off the unicorn by adhering the eyelashes, the cheeks, flowers and the little pink nose.   I die cut a larger heart from lavendar cardstock and adhered the unicorn heart to that one and placed it in the center of my card.  The sentiment was hot foiled in siliver using my Spellbinders Glimmer hot foil system and a sentiment from the Spellbinders January Glimmer kit.  I adhered that to the card and then added a few more hearts die cut from pink and mint cardstock.  I added light yellow sequins to the hearts and silver half pearls to the centers of the flowers.  I absolutely adore how this card turned out!  I hope Kaia loves it!



The second card is for my great nephew Max.  Since it is still winter I thought a snowman would be fun.   The layout for my card is based on the sketch from Freshly Made Sketchs.  I used two hearts from the AJVD Stitched Dot Heart die set to create my large heart from red cardstock.  Additional frames were cut from white cardstock and adhered to the red heart frame.  I adhered that to an aqua panel and added the interior heart also cut from red cardstock.  The little snowman was created using the Spellbinder small die kit for November.  Once I had him assembled I added him to the heart frame.  The sentiment is from A Jillian Vance Design and was stamped on a banner die also from AJVD.  I adhered that and thought I was done, but my little snowman looked a little too plain.  So I added some hearts in aqua and red and liked things much  better.    I hope Max likes his card!  Going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, too. 



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!



5 comments:

Susie Moore said...

Both cards are so lovely - but my mouth dropped open at the sight of the unicorn! Thank you for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown challenge.

Jen Mitchell said...

These are both so lovely. And that unicorn is just the most clever thing! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh how cute! I think your great niece and nephew will love them!

Greta said...

You are so creative, Rosemary! I'm sure the kids will adore their cards which are just adorable!

TK said...

Your neice and grand nephew are sure to love these, they're so adorable -- very outside the box for Valentine's!