"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Becca Feeken Sweet Serenade Release

 Hello!  Hope you are having a good week.  It is very wet and soggy here in my corner of the Pacific Northwest.   I'm popping in with a card that I made using a newly released die set from Becca Feeken and Spellbinders called Sweet Sayings Notecard Sentiments.  These dies are part of her Sweet Serenade Notecards collection.   I used the colors from Sunday Stamps and the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for my card.

I stamped the sunflower image from the Spellbinders Hello Sunflower stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with Copic markers.  After I finished coloring the image I die cut it using the scalloped circle die from the Jingle Word Frame die set.   I found patterned paper in this gradient green and die cut it, as well as the light gray cardstock with dies from the Essentials Rectangle die set.  I die cut the Hello from the Sweet Sayings Notecard Sentiments from heavy weight vellum three times and adhered them together.  I cut a strip of the same heavy weight vellum to use for the strip element in the sketch.  I then layered up all the elements according to the sketch.    A simple, uncomplicated card. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

11 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

What a lovely card using colors inspired by the fall season. I love the gradient green background and the sunflower is a bright and sunny focal point. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

WWCD times 2!! This is a perfect take on the sketch and a fabulous use of the colors!

Stef Perry said...

A beautiful use of the challenge colors, Rosemary. You've created a lovely, clean card with a very striking sunflower. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

TK said...

Really pretty colors, and I love the color block background for your statement sunflower

Shaha said...

The colors and the big sunflower is so bright and cheery!

Kim S said...

I love that big beautiful flower - such a perfect use of the sketch! The various greens in the background are a great look. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Heather said...

Wow, what a lovely bold flower - beautiful coloring! Love that scallop shape it's on, too - clever! And a fun background! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a lovely take on the sketch! I love this bright and cheerful color palette and the gradient green backdrop. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

Rosemary, this is so beautiful! I Love the strips of colors and that gorgeous sunflower! This card would make anyone smile! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Greta said...

Oops--missed this post. Beautifully done, Rosemary! Love your coloring & the font of that die is really beautiful!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful! The background is just like paint chips -- I love it! I'm holding on tight to the sunflowers -- I don't want summer to fade. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps!