"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, November 18, 2021

joy...

 Hello!  Popping in with a couple of cards that feature the word joy!  First up is a very clean and simple design for Freshly Made Sketches and the Waffle Flower monthly challenge.  Last month I got the honor of being a guest designer for the challenge.   The challenge is the "most wonderful time of the year".  Each week they have a different inspiration idea and I decided to go with the week 2 inspiration challenge of non-traditional colors.  

I decided to go with a light creamy yellow and gray combination with lots of white.  I die cut the Oversized Joy die from light gray cardstock, the shadow from white and adhered them together.  I die cut the smallest poinsettia from the Layered Poinsettia die twice from white cardstock that I had inked up with Antique Linen distress oxide ink to get the creamy yellow and adhered the layers.  I trimmed down two strips of the light gray cardstock and adhered the thinnest one to my panel.  I then placed the sentiment from the Oversized Joy stamp set above the strip and stamped it in gray ink.  I added the second strip and the die cut joy.  I added some glitter and a dot of Nuvo drops to the center of the flower before adhering the flower.  



The second card is for the Paper Players and Pinkfresh Studio monthly challenge.  The Pinkfresh Studio challenge is to use a wreath on your card.  The Paper Players challenge is to use white, silver, gray and black.  I created my wreath using the smallest die from the Curvy Leaves die set and white and silver metallic cardstock.   I used my well loved Stitched Scallop Rectangle dies for the main panel and the Fancy Oval Frame die for the central area to place my little wreath.  I finished off the card with little black enamel hearts and a sentiment I foiled in black using the Perfect Sentiments:  Holiday hot foil plate and matching dies.  






Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

10 comments:

TK said...

Wow these are gorgeous, Rosemary!

Kara Lynne said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous! I love the nontraditional color choices you made!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the neutrals on both of your beautiful cards! That little poinsettia you added to the first one is just the sweetest! I'm calling WWCD on your second card card, it's fabulous!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two fabulous cards Rosemary - the wreath on the second one is so eye-catching, I love the shape of those leaves. Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Rosemary, both of your cards are gorgeous! The wreath and scalloped dies steal the show! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning cards Rosemary. I love the colours you have chosen on each one.
Faith x

Carmela said...

Such elegant cards!!

Kim S said...

I love your use of the big "joy" with this sketch and the gray and yellow color scheme is gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Karren said...

Totally stunning cards! Using the "tree" element of the sketch to finish off the sentiment is so very clever! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Greta said...

These are both gorgeous, Rosemary! Congrats on the HM at FMS!