"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, January 8, 2022

thanks...

 Hello!  Popping in with a clean and simple card for my two favorite challenges:  Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches!  I was able to purchase a few things from The Greetery before Christmas and I used those products for my card. 


One of the things I purchased from the Greetery was the Layered Leaves stamps and dies.  The Layered Leaves set is so very pretty, but I really had a hard time getting things to stamp correctly.  Once I finally got things stamped fairly well I realized that I had to die cut everything and the die is solid and not open in the center.  I got the die lined up fairly well thankfully, but it was touch and go!  I stamped the solid images in a light gray (which you really can't tell in the photo) and then the detail images in watermark ink.  I applied gold embossing powder and heat set.  The branch portion was stamped in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne.  I used my very old Spellbinders Nestabilities classic squares and rectangle dies to die cut the small rectangles from white cardstock and the squares from gold mirror.  I then arranged them on a panel of what cardstock.   The sentiment comes from the one of my other Greetery purchases.  That is the Rustic Wreath stamp set.  After adhering the squares and rectangles I nested the sentiment up against them and stamped it with the Nocturne ink.   I finished off the card by adhering the branch and adding some sequins.   Going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge as well since I used new stamps and dies. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


7 comments:

Greta said...

Love your new purchases, Rosemary! Such a pretty card--love the gold embossing!

TK said...

What a pretty card, you used the challenge magnificently -- I love the branch reaching across all the shapes and your colors work beautifully

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! I LOVE this card Rosemary, it's so elegant and very beautiful. I'm glad you persevered with the stamp and die, it certainly works.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

You've made wonderful use of your purchases, Rosemary this is so pretty!

Fran Wing said...

What a beautiful card, Rosemary!

Kim S said...

Such an elegant card! I love that creativity of that beautiful curved branch with the varied squares behind it. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a gorgeous and very classy take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.