"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, January 2, 2022

sending hugs...

 Hello!  I'm popping in with a card that I made a few days ago, but never got the chance to post.  I created this for the Sunday Stamps challenge.  It is a beautiful color challenge this time around and as I was checking the new Paper Players challenge I see that my card fits that one, as well!  I love it when that happens, don't you?! The Paper Players challenge is to add sparkle. 

Sunday Stamps always has great color challenges so I try to play along because I love a good color challenge!  I read the pinky colors as more toward the purple or mauve side and used Milled Lavendar and Victorian Velvet distress oxide inks for the flowers.   I used Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire distress oxides for the leaves.  The Pinkfresh Studio Joyful Peonies image was hot hoiled with my Glimmer using black foil.  Then I used the coordinating Joyful Peonies stencils and the distress oxide inks to fill in the image.  Once that was done I die cut it with the matching die.   I used the Pinkfresh Studio Folk Edge rectangle dies to cut the white and dark blue layers.  Those were adhered to a card base and then I layered on the image and the sentiment.  The sentiment from the Pinkfresh Studios Perfect Sentiments hot foil plate and was foiled in gold.   I finished off the card with lots of sparkly gold sequins.  



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a beautiful way to start off the new year, Rosemary! Love all of your wonderful layers and sparkle!

Heather said...

Wow, Rosemary, such a gorgeous card, and perfect take on our colors! Love that bordered background for your gorgeous flowers! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

TK said...

Beautiful colors for a pretty card -- the gold sentiment is just the perfect adornment!

Ann Schach said...

A beautiful card, Rosemary! These colors are so pretty together. The gold sentiment is stunning, while the sequins are the perfect embellishments. Thank you so much for playing in my "sparkly" challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog. Happy new year 🎉

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Rosemary! Love the milled lavender & victorian velvet together--need to try that!

Claire Broadwater said...

Rosemary, this is so beautiful!!! I love the flower image and the way you used the colors in our challenge. Fabulous! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players!!

Annette Elliott said...

Wowza, what a stunning card Rosemary! I love all of the intricate layers and die cuts with your fabulous flower layout. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

Heidi Baks said...

This is gorgeous! The dark blue and light purple work well together, and I love all your bling. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So VERY Beautiful Rosemary, love the stamp and the beautiful colours you used.
Faith x