"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, February 17, 2023

you are amazing...

 Hello!  Hope all is well in your world.  I have a clean and simple card to share for a few challenges.  Clean and simple seems to be my mode these days, but that is okay.  I love clean and simple cards!  This one is for Freshly Made Sketches, Color Throwdown and Pinkfresh Studio February challenge.   Take a look.


The February challenge at Pinkfresh Studio is to use stripes on your project.  The FMS sketch was the perfect vehicle for that challenge.   And who doesn't love a pretty pastel color combo?  Things are very gray here in my corner of the world (we even got snow the other day!) so I was keen to create with a palette that makes me think of spring.  Bonus that the colors in the PFS challenge and the CTD challenge are very similar!  I cut stripes of pink and yellow cardstock and adhered them to a panel of scrap cardstock.   I used the Pinkfresh Studio Leafy Branch die to the green cardstock.  I then trimmed it down to fit the card front and added it to the striped panel along with the foiled sentiment.   I used two of the trimmed off pieces and added them to the card front to fill things out a bit.  







13 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful! And such a wonderful take on both of these challenges!!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely, Rosemary!

Wanda Cullen said...

You totally rocked the combination of all 3 challenges in this beautiful CAS design! Always love seeing your entries in the gallery!

Kim S said...

What a beautiful combination of those challenges! I love the soft colors with the vine wrapped around the sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I looked and thought what wonderful colouring of your stripes, then read you had layered paper? WOW, they look so pretty, a lovely colour mix Rosemary. I love that the leaf spray is beautifully displayed on top of the coloured card, intertwined with the beautiful sentiment. I was looking at leaves in my dies yesterday wondering how to use them, I may have to case this gorgeous card. Thank you for the inspiration.
Faith x

TK said...

Very pretty! Wonderful use of the simple branch and stripes to make such a beautiful statement

Celeste Goff said...

what a beautiful card!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet card! Love the pastel shades! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jacquie Southas said...

I adore the way the sentiment panel fits among the leafy die cuts! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet card! I love the paper you’ve chosen and I love those delicate die cut leaves! They’re so pretty! Love that sentiment as well! Fits in perfectly! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Mary Reiner said...

Such a lovely card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the leafy branch curled around the sentiment & atop those soft colored strips, Rosemary!!

Greta said...

Beautifully simple use of that sketch, Rosemary! Love how you arranged the leafy branches!