"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 25, 2023

a rainbow and flowers...

 Hello!  Hope all is well in your world.  It has been pretty cold here in the PNW (Pacific Northwest), but thankfully little to no snow!  Hoping it stays that way.  I'm popping in with two cards today.  I'm very proud of myself for making two cards because lately I have not felt like making even one card.    Sometimes I think I suffer from "too much stuff syndrome" (I made that up!).   Because I have too much stuff I get a little paralyzed and can't decide what to do.  Do you suffer from this same syndrome?  Let me know!  Here is my first card for Sunday Stamps:


Birch Press Designs has a new release out and it is full of beautiful floral die sets including the Sprouting Crocus Contour Layers die set.  I love seeing Crocus flowers sprouting up during the early spring, don't you?   I die cut the flowers and the stems from white cardstock and then inked them up with distress oxide ink in Mowed Lawn and Prize Ribbon.  I then assembled the flowers per the little assembly sheet that comes with the dies.  I set them aside to dry and worked on my sentiment.  I inked up some white cardstock with Bundled Sage distress oxide and then positioned the Big Thanks Sugar Script die so that the inking was darkest at the bottom and die cut the word.  I die cut two additional words and adhered them to the inked one for more stability.  There is a shadow die for the work, but I decided not to use it for my card.   For the background I placed one of the flowers along with the word on a panel of white cardstock to determine where I was going to blend on some Speckled Egg distress oxide.  Once I had that figured out I inked up the background and then adhered all the elements.  I decided to add a sub-sentiment to the card.  The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti and was stamped in VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink.  I finished with a scattering of Memory Box Fairy Drops.  I think I captured several of the colors in the palette fairly well.  


The next card is for Color Throwdown:


The colors for this week's Color Throwdown had me thinking "rainbow" and so I pulled out the fun Stampin Up! Rainbow of Happiness bundle and did a little stamping.  I used Pinkfresh Studio and Simon Says Stamp inks for the rainbow.  The pink and blue inks are from Pinkfresh Studio and the yellow and aqua inks are from Simon Says Stamp.  I die cut the little clouds from Simon Says Stamp velvet luxury cardstock in snow white.  I layered those on with liquid adhesive and foam squares after I stamped the sentiment in VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink.  I added the little blue hearts and some crystal clear sequins.   I will add this one to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.




12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

YES, I do the same thing!! But you came out on top with two wonderful cards. Those Crocus have me longing for spring!

Heather said...

Oh gosh, Rosemary, LOVE these crocuses! They used to come up every year where I lived in Virginia, I miss them so much here in the desert now! LOVE your soft coloring, like soft fogs of color! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

dj said...

Those crocus blooms are perfect for our “Spring Dreaming” color challenge!! Fantastic use of our color combo!! So glad you joined the fun and played along with us over at Sunday Stamps!! -Deb Horst, DT #SSC303

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! This is so beautiful, I love how you placed the crocus inside the sentiment, a beautiful use of the colour mix. We have lots of our crocus out atm, so lovely to see them. Your rainbow card is so pretty, it really does convey happy. As for too much stuff making me paralyse? Yep! I'm there too.
Faith x

Cindy Beach said...

I absolutely do suffer from this syndrome. Sometimes the hardest part is figuring what to use - too many choices - or how to make the something new I'm dying to ink up work for a current challenge.
I love checking your blog, Rosemary! Your crocus card is gorgeous!

Wanda Cullen said...

I totally get it 'cause I've been having the same syndrome lately! Your cards are both fabulous (as always) so keep them coming! Thanks for playing along with us at CTD!

Greta said...

Love them both, Rosemary! The crocus are so sweet & the background inking is perfect! Love the rainbow card & the velvet paper was a great choice for the clouds! I need to use mine! And yes, I have the same syndrome--haha!

Claire Broadwater said...

These Crocus are just gorgeous! I love your bold sentiment and the way you used the color combo. I know what you mean about too much stuff. I am overwhelmed lately, too! So happy you found time to join us at Sunday Stamps!

AmyR said...

Love your rainbow! thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown Challenge!

TK said...

Beautiful! I too love the crocus and enjoy the spring sprout of color, it means our cold is fading away. As for too much stuff? Here here, but I'll never admit that out loud - lol

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Rosemary! Especially adore the crocus card - I feel enabling coming on!! Darling rainbow too!! I hear you about "stuff paralysis" - I often have it too!! During those times, I try to follow Jennifer McGuire's suggestion of having a want-to-use-next bin. It has really helped me get to the new stuff quicker!!

Heidi Baks said...

How beautiful is your thanks card with the little buds popping up! I love all the little raindrop embellishments. It really adds to the card. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.