"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, March 3, 2023

a wreath and flowers...

Hello!  I'm popping in with two cards for a few challenges.   And as you can tell from my blog title, one card features a wreath and the other features flowers.  First up is the card featuring a wreath.


The current color combo at Color Hues is gold and green and I thought they would be perfect to pair up with the Freshly Made Sketches layout.  I used the wreath image from the Birch Press Design Classic Sentimental Wreath stamp and die set for the circular image in the FMS layout.  I stamped the solid wreath using Pinkfresh Studio Grassy Knoll and then the detail image using VersaMark watermark ink.  Gold embossing powder was applied, heat set and then I die cut the wreath.   In order to get a green that matched the stamping I used the Grassy Knoll ink pad to apply ink directly to white cardstock and then trimmed off a strip.  I adhered the strip behind the strip of embossed white cardstock and then added that to the card front.  The sentiment is a new foil plate and die set from Birch Press Design called Thank You Noted Script.  That was foiled in gold and then die cut.  I adhered the wreath with foam squares and then added the sentiment.  I wanted something else on the card and so I decided to use some tiny gold stars.  



My next card is for Color Throwdown.  It is a rather fun combo of coral, yellow, navy and blue.   I had just received the Simon Says Stamp March card kit and I decided the fun folk art like flowers in the stamp set were perfect for this combo.  Take a look.


I started by deciding which colors I wanted to put together.  I decided to use the navy blue with coral and the bright blue with the yellow.   I used Pinkfresh Studio inks of Coral Reef, Lemon Whip, Sapphire and Summer Shower.   To ground the flowers I used the long wavy stamp from the stamp set (I actually cut it down to a small size to fit better) and stamped it in Simon Says Stamp Fog Gray ink.  The sentiment is also from the stamp set and was stamped in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne and then die cut with a banner die.  I die cut down the stamped panel and then matted it with a panel of black cardstock slightly larger than the main panel.  I added everything to a Fog Gray cardstock base.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

13 comments:

TK said...

Very pretty, I'm loving all these green and gold cards and yours is no exception. Your color challenge card is pretty and it always amazes me how effortlessly you use multiple colors so easily -- maybe I think too "inside the box"!

Greta said...

Beautiful green & gold card with perfect use of the sketch! Good for you already making a card with the kit!

Nancy said...

Rosemary, Both are CAS perfection! I adore the wreath card with the hints of gold! Thanks for choosing Color Hues to play along with!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fab cards, Rosemary - love the wreath with touches of gold on card one and the bright flowers on card two (looks a bit Scandinavian!)!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are, as always Rosemary, very Beautiful. Love the wreath with the design of the sketch, your colour mix is gorgeous with the flowers and a perfect grounding of the flowers.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

I love the elegance the gold adds to that pretty little wreath and your flowers have a sweet folk art look to them. Two wonderful cards, Rosemary!

Kim S said...

So pretty!! Love the golden wreath with the bitty stars accenting the sentiment. And those flowers are SO eye-catching. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen Timko said...

Love that pretty wreath with the gold and spring green! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Broni said...

Super sweet floral card! Great way to use the colors! Thanks so much for playing along this week at the Color Throwdown!

Greta said...

Congrats on the HM at FMS!

JulieP said...

I love it when challenges are combined so beautifully!!! Your wreath card is just gorgeous with the shine and embossing. (love the fun floral one as well) Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues challenge blog!

Viv said...

More stunning cards again Rosie, sorry I am late leaving comments also ;) hugs Viv xx

!neke said...

Hele mooie kaarten !!!!!!
Groeten Ineke