"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Simon Says Stamp Just For You Release!

 (To see my Birch Press Design post, please click here.)

Happy Thursday everyone!  The new Simon Says Stamp Just for You release is now available!  Simon was so kind and sent me the lovely stamp set called Herb Labels.   I have created two cards using this fun set and I have a few other ideas percolating in my little brain, lol!  Let's have a look at my cards.  


As you might have guessed, the stamp set Herb Labels features images of different herbs, two label images and lots of sentiments.  Several sentiments in the set are punny.  I just had to use the image of mint with the sentiment "Mint to be".   I couldn't stop there... I had to the color mint for the card, as well, lol.   I went a little "old school", too, and used a vellum overlay that I attached to the main panel using a length of white satin ribbon.   Back when I first started stamping I would often see people using this method.  It was also (and may still be) very popular on wedding and/or baby shower invitations.  I stamped the mint image all over the mint cardstock using a green ink that was just a little darker than the cardstock.  I initially tried an ink that was very close in color to the cardstock, but once I laid the vellum on top, the stamping disappeared.  Not the look I was going for!  I die cut the vellum panel to be about a quarter inch smaller than the background panel and then using some repositionable adhesive I layered them together as you see and die cut two small holes.  I removed the repositionable adhesive and then secured the panels together with the ribbon.  I adhered the panel to my card base and then got started on the final part of the card.  For this I die cut more vellum using a very small rectangle die from a classic Spellbinders rectangle die set.  The mint image was heat embossed in white on vellum and then I colored the back with a mint green Copic marker.  Once the piece was dry I trimmed it out and use rolled up glue dots to secure it to the vellum piece.  The sentiment was stamped in black ink on white cardstock, trimmed out and then adhered.   I used the sketch from Sunday Stamps so I will be adding the card to their gallery. 


My second card is somewhat similar to the first card, but this time I used one of the labels images and did a little watercoloring. 


I used some patterned paper from the Simon Says Stamp March 2023 card kit for my background and adhered it to a kraft cardstock base.  I stamped the label on kraft cardstock with VersaFine CLAIR Acorn ink an then trimmed out the label.  The sentiment was also stamped on kraft with the Acorn ink and then die cut with another small rectangle die.  I stamped the tomato image on watercolor paper with the Acorn ink and then did some simple watercoloring.  Once dry I trimmed it out.  I decided to add a little distressing to everything using Vintage Photo distress ink for a more vintage look.  I then adhered the patterned paper to the card base.  I popped the tomatoes image up on the label and then tucked the sentiment in slightly behind the image.  The piece was then adhered to the center of the card.  I finished with three Memory Box Fairy jewels in a pretty red/gold color.  



Thanks for stopping by, make sure to check out the release and have a lovely day!


7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two fabulous cards, Rosemary! Love the color and your use of vellum on the first one!

dj said...

So very pretty!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our sketch challenge @ Sunday Stamps!! I love the layers of vellum and that puny sentiment is the cutest!! -Deb Horst, DT #SSC304

Heather said...

Wow, the mint is STUNNING, such perfect details! Great sentiment to go with that stamp, and love the crisp color! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Annette Elliott said...

Both of your cards are awesome. The vellum behind the mint leaf and the sponging on your tomato card. One makes it feel soft, the other makes it feel warm and vintage. Very nice. Thanks for playing along with this weeks challenge at Sunday Stamps!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are just awesome cards Rosemary, I love the mint card, it's delicate and so beautiful with the vellum, the stamped vellum and pretty ribbon. Funny thing is I used the sentiment for our 50th anniversary a few years ago. It's still so perfect for weddings/anniversaries. Your tomato card is also beautiful, and I think it could be used as a masculine card. Love those tomatoes.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

The mint card is my fave with the embossed vellum, Rosemary, but I love the tomatoes on kraft too!!

Greta said...

Beautiful mint card & love the 2nd one with the fun sentiment!