"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, May 13, 2023

for all you do...

 Hello!  Popping in with a quick share of a card that I made for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.  Both challenges were rather challenging for me this time around, but I think I came up with something that worked.  Let me know what you think.


I have mentioned this before, but Scrapbook.com always has some kind of free item that you can get with purchase.    A week or so ago they were offering a pad of patterned paper from Simple Stories and if you spent $20 you could get a floral die set from Sizzix.  Well... I went for it and got both!   

The combo from CTD is not one that I would choose to use, but like I said, I wanted to be challenged!  I was going to do some stamping, but decided to do more direct to paper inking to create the lilac, aqua and orange colors.  I used Pinkfresh Studio Apricot and Soft Lilac and Altenew Turquoise for each color I then used one of the floral dies to cut out the different parts.   The leaf dies have two parts to them and originally I die cut the main part from white cardstock and added the layer in black, but I didn't like that.  So I ended up just die cutting the main layer from black.  To get the look of the sketch layout I used a very old Altenew cover plate die called Watercolor Strips and die cut it from white cardstock.  The sentiment is from a cute little Altenew stamp set that I found in my stash that features flowers in a tea cup.  I managed to get the two sentiments lined up pretty well and stamped the first time!    I finished with some sparkling clear sequins. 



Thanks for stopping by and happy Mother's day to all the moms out there!  


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Great job combining the challenges! Fabulous card, Rosemary!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the bold flower atop the coverplate, Rosemary!! Happy Mother's Day!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Clever thinking and a beautiful result Rosemary, how lovely to have a freebie. I love how you used the colours and the lovely die. Great sentiment too.
Faith x

TK said...

Wow! Two challenging challenge inspirations, and you pulled it off beautifully -- what a great card for both!

Broni said...

Really cool! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Greta said...

What a unique floral die & it worked great for the challenges! You've reminded me I need to use that cover plate! Good job lining up the sentiments on the die cut--always nerve-wracking for me--haha!