"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, May 6, 2023

you are always on my mind...

 Hello!  Popping in with a quick share of a card that I made for Color Throwdown and Sunday Stamps.  I used some pretty papers from the P13 Four Seasons: Spring pad that feature all the colors from the CTD combo.  And just wondering, but who is now singing "You Were Always On My Mind" by Willie Nelson, lol?!  Anyway... here is my card.


Scrapbook.com always has some kind of freebie that you can get with purchase.  About a month ago they were offering this cute little set of flowers from Spellbinders.  I couldn't resist and ever since they arrived at my house I have wanted to make something with them.  There are actually four layers to the flower, but I decided to only use two, the top layer and the bottom layer.  I die cut them from pink patterned paper and the leaves from a sage green patterned paper from the P13 pad.   I just love that pretty creamy yellow and white polka dot paper!  The floral strip is the reverse side of the polka dot paper and features all the CTD colors.   More patterned paper was die cut with a circle die for a place to arrange my flowers. I used the same pink paper for the sentiment strip that I stamped the sentiment on using brown ink to bring in more brown.  I finished the flowers with yellow Nuvo drops in the center of each flower.  Since my card is full of pastel colors I'm going to add it to the May Flower challenge of pastels! 







Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

13 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

What a fab card and I just love the DSP you have used, isn't it perfect.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet flower trio, Rosemary, and I love the patterns you combined behind them!! And yes, singing away with Willie here :)

Heather said...

Lovely, Rosemary, those layered blossoms are gorgeous! Great papers together, too, so sweet! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the patterned papers you combined and those pretty little flowers! Delightful card, Rosemary!

TK said...

Beautiful! Starting with the pretty paper, then jumping off that with more pretty things -- I love it!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A really lovely selection of papers and stamps to make this very pretty card Rosemary. Great song choice too hahaha
Faith x

Greta said...

Those are the sweetest diecuts--great freebie! Beautiful card & yes--I'm humming that tune now!

Broni said...

Sooo pretty, Rosemary! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

AmyR said...

ahhh this is so pretty! LOVE it! ❤️

dj said...

I am loving those spellbinders flowers...so dainty and beautiful!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our “In the Middle” sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SSC308

Melissa Grant said...

The colors, DSP and die cut flowers came together so beautifully to make the challenge sketch just shine! Thanks for sharing with us at SUNDAY STAMPS!

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty! Love the little flower die cuts, perfect spring colors! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope that you see you again soon!

Viv said...

Gorgeous pastel card Rosie, such pretty flowers and I love the spotty background too, another awesome card! Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) hugs Viv DT xx