"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, July 15, 2023

backyard wren...

 Hello!  I'm popping in with a card for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.  I think it also works for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge as there is alot of shimmer going on, lol!   Take a look at what I made.


Lately, my mojo has been missing.  I have spent alot of time making projects that I haven't been able to share right away.  I shared many of them earlier this month and I will be sharing more this coming week, but when it comes to making something just for fun I have been struggling.   I have some new products that have been sitting on my desk for a few weeks now and I was determined to use at least one of them!   So I sat down the other evening and made this card.  I used the super sweet Memory Box Backyard Wren die set, along with a leafy branch die from the MB Serene Bird and Branch die set.  The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Sunshine Flowers set.  I die cut the pieces of the bird from white cardstock and then inked them up with Salvaged Patina and Frayed Burlap distress oxide inks using my new Waffle Flower grip mat.  That grip mat makes ink blending so easy!  I let the pieces dry for a bit and then adhered them together with liquid adhesive.  I die cut the branch from sparkly gold glitter cardstock.  Initially I had only one branch, but when I decided to use the FMS layout I added the second branch.  I went old school and tore a piece of vellum for the strip element in the sketch.   I brought in the required cream by die cutting a piece of Memory Box woodgrain cardstock in cream.  I love the texture that the woodgrain cardstock brings to the card and it is the perfect backdrop for my little bird.  I stamped the sentiment using Salvaged Patina distress oxide ink and then trimmed it out.  That was adhered with foam squares.  Very clean and simple, but when I have no mojo, clean and simple is the way to go!



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I feel the same way, Rosemary! I worked ahead like crazy before vacation and now feel a creative slump. I see no loss of mojo on this lovely card of yours though. The bird is so sweet and I love the little gold leaves!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Yep! I agree, so easy? for DT work, but when doing something to play, so difficult. You have certainly done wonders with the colours Rosemary, and the sketch, a BEAUTIFUL card.
Faith x

TK said...

Stunning! Beautiful wren and such pretty elements, even the golden branch. Kudos on making such a pretty card with failing mojo -- I can make about 5 cards, and not like a one...

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a sweet birdie atop the woodgrain, Rosemary - love the color combo!!

AmyR said...

I LOVE this card - I may have to take inspiration and make something similar inspired by yours!! ❤️

GreeneGoddess said...

I love your little wren...she is so sweet! All of your cards are just wonderful. Maybe your mojo sneaks off with my mojo for movies and pizza?! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Greta said...

Absolutely love how you inked the sweet bird--wonderful card!