"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Guesting at Color Hues!

 Hello and happy 1st day of July everyone!   Today I have the pleasure of being the guest designer at Color Hues!  If you haven't played along with any of their challenges, you really must give them a try.   The premise is that you are given two colors to work with and today's colors are Merlot and Navy.  Take a look at what I created.




I must admit that I did have a little bit of a hunt on my hands to find an ink that was pretty close to the merlot color.  I ended up using a Catherine Pooler ink in a color called Cranberry Fizz.   I used that color to stamp the flowers from the Simon Says Stamp Happy Hello stamp set.  The stems were obviously stamped in navy and then I die cut everything with the matching dies.  For more interest I embossed the large heart die from the die set into my white cardstock panel.  I then adhered the stems using liquid adhesive and popped up the flowers with thin foam squares.  The sentiment was stamped using the Cranberry Fizz ink, trimmed it out and then popped it up with foam squares.   I added my panel to a white cardstock base and then added some clear drops to the flowers. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you will play along with Color Hues!  Going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes


14 comments:

Nancy said...

Rosemary, you were not alone, the team and I had a vast discussion on the perfect ink for this challenge. You nailed it as the card is just perfect! Love the outline heart as well. We are lucky to have you as our guest.

Karen said...

This card is just perfection! I love these bold, folk-style flowers and they just pop against the white embossed background! So lovely to have you joining us as Guest Designer!

TK said...

Wonderful folksy flowers, and your colors choices look perfect to me. Adorable and your embossed background adds just the right subtle touch. Congrats on your GD gig!

Julie B said...

Love the folk art vibe of your card, the embossed heart gives it just the right amount of background interest. So pleased to have you guesting with us this time. :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card Rosemary, I love the colour mix and how you used it. Those flowers are so pretty, especially with the details you added. Sorry for being AWOL.
Faith x

Stef Perry said...

CAS perfection Rosemary! I adore those sweet flowers and they look wonderful in the challenge colors. Embossing the heart die for the background was a wonderful idea, it really sets off the flowers. Love, love, love! I'm so glad you're our GDT for this challenge, thank you!

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on guesting, Rosemary! I think you nailed the colors and your card is so pretty!

Marcia Hill said...

Folk Art and graphic perfection on this CAS and beautiful card Rosemary! Your colors look perfect to me and I love that embossed heart in the background too! Thanks so much for Guest Designing with us and making the color combo I chose SHINE...your card will definitely inspire many!! Marcia (DT)

Cindy Beach said...

I absolutely love these funky folksy flowers, and they are perfect for this challenge, Rosemary! Your card is just gorgeous. I love the twist of the embossed heart, your design is fabulous!

Greta said...

Congrats on being the GD! Beautiful color combo & love the cute flowers done using it! Great background with the embossed heart die!

Greta said...

You can delete this if it went through. Blogger is giving me error messages...again!
Congrats on being the GD! Love the cute flowers done in the beautiful color combo & the embossed die makes a wonderful background!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Congrats on guest designing, Rosemary - just love your folk art card using Merlot & Navy - so gorgeous against the crisp white!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary I was thrilled to see you as our guest designer this challenge! I think you picked a great colour match and that stamp is just awesome! So pretty!

cm said...

You've aced the colour combination for this challenge with both your choices of ink and your sweet floral images. Such a lovely, fabulous card! Thrilled to have you guest designing with us at Colour Hues!
~carol