"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, December 7, 2023

Blue Christmas...

 Hello, hello!  Boy it sure has been awhile since I last posted.  To be honest I haven't really felt like making cards lately.   I have been doing alot of stitching, though, lol!   But, I have made a card for the following challenges:  Paper Players, Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.   Also adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to use dies.


I used the Fresh Air Holiday Tree set from the Simon Says Stamp October release for my blue and aqua card.  I learned that the best way to get all the layers correct is to die cut the tree image and then line up all the layers.  Works like a charm!  I started with a really light aqua ink and unfortunately you really can't see it in the photo.  The next layer is more of a true aqua and the final layer is a dark blue.  I used Altenew Fresh Inks Dew Drops and Aqualicious for the aqua layers and Pinkfresh Studio Stargazer for the dark blue.  There are two additional layering images in the set.  One adds a garland and the other little dots.  I went with the little dots layer.  I used watermark ink, applied gold embossing powder and heat set.  The star was also embossed in gold.  The sentiment was stamped in the Stargazer blue.  Die cut the star and sentiment with dies from the set.  I embossed dark blue cardstock with a Simon Says Stamp snowflake embossing folder and then swiped the top of the piece with gold ink before adhereing it to my white cardstock rectangle.  I layered on the rest of the elements and then added the panel to a white cardstock base.  Clean and simple!




Thats it for me!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.


11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I see no loss of mojo here, this is pretty! What a wonderful take on the sketch!

Jaydee said...

Rosemary, so glad you stopped stitching long enough to play along in our challenge :-). Your tree is fabulous and I especially love it with that background. All the white space really allows your focal point to shine and the little touches of gold are the perfect finishing touch. So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Fran Wing said...

Rosemary, you did a great job combining all three challenges! I'm glad you included us at The Paper Players.
Xoxo, Fran

LeAnne said...

So happy to see you in the gallery with this delightful creation! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Players this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a really lovely card, a great take on the colour mix Rosemary, love the tree and the embossed background. I've not been around either, too much going on, good to hear you've been stitching though, a change is as good as a rest as they say.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - such a great take on the colors and sketch with this fab tree, Rosemary - love it!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous use of the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card Rosemary! I love that pretty tree and the embossed panel! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Greta said...

I really do love the look of that tree & it's gorgeous in the shades of blue with gold dots! Wonderful card!

Linda Callahan said...

Delightful holiday card! Love the blues! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Wanda Cullen said...

I love this wispy tree! A beautiful take on the throwdown colors! Thanks for joining us in the challenge!