"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, December 15, 2023

Jewel Snowflake

 Hello!  Popping in with a card for a few challenges, Freshly Made Sketches, Color Throwdown and Pinkfresh Studio monthly challenge.    For the PFS challenge I went with the theme of a Christmas/holiday card. Take a look at what I made:


A few months ago Pinkfresh Studio had a Christmas/holiday release and they introduced the beautiful Folk Snowflake stamp, stencil and die set of products.  I love a good snowflake and had to get this one.  I had been waiting for the right situation to come along to make something with this set and the color combo from CTD is what set everything in motion.  I just love the beautiful jewel tone colors in the combo and it worked out perfectly that there were three colors (plus gold) and three layers to the snowflake.  I just love the snowflake in those bold colors.  I stenciled the snowflake first using PFS inks in Royal Kiss, Olive and Sapphire, stamped it with the outline stamp and then die cut it.   I had previously die cut the gold rectangle using the PFS Folk Rectangle dies set.  I layered that on a white panel and then used the smaller scalloped rectangle die for the piece I layered the snowflake on.  To make the scalloped rectangle and the snowflake substantial I adhered several layers behind each before adhering them to the panel.  I finished with one gold glitter embellishment to the center of the snowflake and the greeting that I had hot foiled in black a long time ago! 






That's it for me.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So elegant with the fancy gold background! Beautiful card, Rosemary!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! How beautiful Rosemary, I love the jewel colours on the gold, a fabulous card. Love the die edging too. Have a lovely Holiday.
Faith x

Margie Higuchi said...

What a stunning card! Love your take on all the challenges. Thanks for sharing your inspiration :) Have a wonderful holiday season!

Greta said...

Oh how I love this card! Gorgeous design & perfect use of the colors!

Broni said...

What a great combination of the challenges!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week and all year long at the Color Throwdown!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - that snowflake looks amazing, Rosemary!! Love it stop the gold mat!!

Deb said...

Gorgeous card! Love the snowflake design and the colors.