"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, July 27, 2024

fun, bright cards...

 Hello!  I'm popping in with a couple of fun, bright cards that I got a chance to make.  The first one is for Freshly Made Sketches.  Take a look.


Back in May I purchased the Simon Says Stamp June card kit as I thought it would be a fun one to have for making birthday cards for my little nieces and nephew.    This card will be going to my little niece, Mia, who turns three in September.  I used the Simon Says Stamp Instagram colors of aqua, pink and green for the card.  I stamped the cupcake and candle images on white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them with Copic markers.  I stamped the heart shaped swirled sucker on to a die cut rectangle with Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copics, as well.  I stamped a confetti image from the stamp set over the sucker with VersaMark watermark ink, sprinkled on a glitter embossing powder and heat set it.  I then layered on the cupcake pieces and candles using liquid adhesive and thin foam squares.  Finished with the sentiment stamped in black.   Perfect for a little girl, don't you think?


This next card is another one for the Altenew July challenge and it was super quick to put together.  Have a look.


It was quick to put together due to the fact that I had created these pieces at the time I made the first card.  I used an Altenew debossing plate for the background and then simply layered on the different leafy pieces.  I finished with a sentiment strip from Memory Box.  Clean and simple!


That's it for me!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.


7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling treats and 3 candles for your little niece, Rosemary!! And I love those sprigs in the Altenew colors - so eye catching!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the bright happy colors on the first card, Rosemary! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your niece will love her card, great colours too. 3 candles just perfect. I love the leaves on your beautiful embossing, more great colour mix too. x

Lisa Elton said...

They're bright and fun, Rosemary! Two delightful cards!

TK said...

Fun card for a 3-year-old, and definitely a pretty card for another Birthday. Bright and colorful works!

Cécile RIBON said...

2 beautiful cards, Rosemary! So bright and cheerful! Thank so much for joining us at FMS this week.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful - colorful cards! And your one for FMS is defintiely yummy!