"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, July 25, 2026

Simon Says Stamp Every Happiness Blog Hop Day 2

 Hello, hello!  I'm so excited to be participating in the day 2 blog hop for the Simon Says Stamp Every Happiness release!  This release is so amazing and I am so grateful to Simon Say Stamp for the products that they gifted to me to create with!  I have two cards to share with you today.  But before I share all the details I just want to remind you that there is an opportunity to win a $25 gift certificate at each stop on the hop.  So make sure you leave a little comment for a chance to win.  If you started the hop at Simon Says Stamp you should have arrived here from Rachel Alvarado's blog.  Now, lets take a look at what I created.


This first card uses the new Chunky Ovals die set, Sunflower Blooms die set and a sentiment from the Sunflower Meadow stamp set.  I will admit that I have not been big on oval shaped dies, but these Chunky Ovals stole my heart!  The largest one is too big for an A2 sized card (generally what I make), but perfect to make a card with and that is what I did.  I used patterned paper from the 49 and Market Vintage Orchard collection for the background.   To create my card base I folded a full sheet of off white cardstock in half, placed the large oval so that one side went slightly past the fold and the bottom also went slightly past the bottom edge of the cardstock.  I did this to create the hinge on one side and a flat bottom so the card would stand up.    I die cut the patterned paper, adhered it to the card base and then trimmed off the excess.  The flowers (one large flower and stem, two small flowers and one small stem) were created with additional patterned paper from the Vintage Orchard paper pack, assembled and adhered to the card front.  I used the smallest oval in the Chunky Ovals set to die cut my sentiment that I then adhered to the card front.  Love how this turned out!



This card also uses the Sunflower Blooms die set and the new Whirlpool Spinner embossing folder.  I used more patterned paper from 49 and Market for this card.  This time from the Faded Memory Lane collection.  I die cut a rectangle of cardstock, embossed it with the embossing folder and adhered it to a card base.  I die cut the flower and stem from coordinating patterned paper, adhered it together and then added Nuvo glitter drops to the center of the flower.  When it was dry I added it to the card base and finished with another sentiment from the Sunflower Meadow stamp set that was die cut with the same small chunky oval die and a little twine bow.  Love the softness of this card. 


As you can see from the graphic you can also get a free stamp set with any purchase from the new Every Happiness release.  So, what are you waiting for?  Go shopping!!

Well, that is it for me.  Thanks for stopping by!  Your next stop on the hop is Susan Valle.


1 comment: