"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, July 18, 2015

i think your quite nice...

Hello friends!!   Going to try to make this a quick one.  Have a card I made for the new PTI release week challenge:  Create Along with Us, as well as the current ColourQ challenge.  I almost didn't play along with ColourQ this week.   Summer Starfruit isn't one of my favorite colors, but I pushed forward and found some patterned paper that worked.    The idea behind the PTI challenge is to create something inspired by one of the design teams' release week projects.  I chose a card made by Laura Bassen.  I loved the angled frame part of the design.  I changed things up by not trimming of portions of the frame the way Laura did, as well as adding an additional layer to the card.  I used the Nostalgic Notions set for the flowers and sentiment.  The frame was die cut using my A Jillian Vance Design Polka Dot Backdrop dies.   Stamping the sentiment within the angled panel was a real bear... thought I was going to go cross-eyed or something by the time I had it done.  It came out pretty darn straight, but the more I looked at it the more off kilter it looked, lol!  And despite the fact that I don't like the Summer Starfruit color I really like how the card turned out.  I threw in some neutral colors (SU!'s new Tip Top Taupe and River Rock, as well as Simon Says Stamps' fog cardstock)





Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white; SSS fog; My Mind's Eye patterned paper; Stamps:  PTI; Dies:  PTI and A Jillian Vance Design; Ink:  Stampin Up! Calypso Coral, Pink Pirouette and Rich Razzleberry; Crystal Stickles

13 comments:

VanessaB said...

you did awesome! great job!

Greta said...

Love your choice of card to case & love how you made it your own! I bet that WAS tricky stamping the sentiment--lovely card, Rosemary!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Birgit said...

This is so sweet! I love the tilted panel and those sweet, sweet flowers!!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific design Rosemary! I like the way your pretty flowers pop on the neutral background. Angles on cards throw me off too!! Sometimes things looks off kilter even when there perfectly lined up and straight!!

Betty Wright said...

Beautifully done, Rosemary! I love the flower choice and frame detailing! Lovely card!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful take on Laura's card, Rosemary! Love your choice of flowers and color combo, too!

Petra Swart said...

Love those beautiful flowers, Rosemary and the tilted frame is lovely!!!! I really like your use of colour, here - love the white bg for your frame and flowers!!!! And your sentiment looks fine!!! This is really beautiful, Rosemary!!!

Claire said...

Such a pretty take on the colours Rosemary - certainly don't think your sentiment is wonky (maybe you should have had a glass of wine before you stamped it lol) Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card...love your sweet pair of flowers and they look just beautiful in this week's colors. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Rosemary ... those sweet blooms in their tilted panel are just lovely! Anita :)

Nat said...

such a clean crisp design, love your beautiful style!! :)