"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, July 9, 2015

what makes you different...

Hey friends!!   Have a little card to share that I made today for a few challenges:  Color Throwdown, Reverse Confetti July Sketch for You to Try and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge:  furry friends.   I will state upfront that my "furry friend" is a flamingo, but I figured it was okay to enter the SSS challenge since two of the design team members used flamingos on their cards.  I think flamingos are probably rather furry when they are babies, lol!   Anyway... I used the Reverse Confetti set Fabulous Flamingos and the matching dies.  When I saw that set I had to have it because I have a little thing for flamingos (a tiny little thing... I have one flamingo statuette that I purchased from an antique shop years ago and that is it, lol.).   Still trying to make a dent in my huge patterned paper collection so I tried to find papers that worked well with the current Color Throwdown combo.  Found good matches in two different pads (one is a My Mind's Eye pad and the other is a BasicGrey pad).   Die cut and stamped the flamingo using pink and orange inks.  Brought in the green with patterned papers and the black with ink and black cardstock.   Attached the little banner (from the RC die set Tag Me) using a couple of staples.   After everything was adhered to the card base I decided to add a little pink button tied with some black baker's twine.  


Thanks for stopping by today...

 
 
Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti; Inks:  Stampin Up! Pumpkin Pie and Pretty in Pink; black baker's twine; Dies:  Spellbinders plain circle dies, Reverse Confetti Tag Me  and Flamingo Confetti Cuts

18 comments:

Martha said...

OH, Rosemary, what a darling card...(sweet flamingo)! I sure like your perfect selection of pretty papers--they really caught my eye. FABULOUS take on the sketch! You make me want to create something. :)

Lisa Elton said...

A pink flamingo with a polka dot wing standing among a pretty mix of papers ~ fabulous card Rosemary!!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a fabulous use of the throwdown colors! LOVE your furry flamingo card! :-) Thanks for joining us again at CTD!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary :-) I love the flamingo, very cute, and we decided that flamingo's have furry tummies, like duck down, only flamingo down to keep them warm ;-) haha
The papers and layout are fabulous too! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Nancy said...

Such a fun and creative design, Rosemary!

Lin said...

You are so good at mixing challenges, Rosemary! I love these papers and colors and especially that sentiment.....we all need to hear that once in awhile! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Greta said...

Trendy & fun--love the sentiment! Great card, Rosemary!

Deepti said...

Super fun! I need that flamingo now :D

walchowDesign said...

You are so good with matching patterned papers and the flamingo blends in beautifully, Rosemary!

Amy Sheffer said...

Wow! This is really pretty, Rosemary! Love the orange and pink flamingo!

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors!! So glad you played along at CTD!!

Lori said...

What a fun design! Love the mix of patterns and, of course, your fabulous flamingo. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh, too cute! LOVE the flamingo with just a touch of orange! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

Anita in France said...

Lovely layering, Rosemary ... a fabulous flamingo with his orange wing ... and a simply splendid sentiment! Wonderful! Anita :)

Lisa Lara said...

So cute with that flamingo. Love your luscious layers and papers Rosi.

Petra Swart said...

Love your sweet flamingo and the mix of patterned papers, Rosemary!!! The cute button and twine really completes the picture perfectly!!!! Lovely!!!!

~amy~ said...

Such a fun flamingo card, love your mix of papers!
Thanks for playing with us at SFYTT!