"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, July 25, 2015

pti july blog hop...

Hey friends!!   Time for the July PTI blog hop.  While many of you will be hopping around, checking out all the beautiful cards and leaving comments I will be motoring down the freeway on my way to California with my boys.  But, before I left I had to make sure that I got a card made for this month's blog hop.   The inspiration photo for this month is so lovely.  I tried to pull some of the colors from the photo, as well as including butterflies.  My layout is based on one of the PTI release week sketches.  I used up a tiny amount of my huge supply of patterned paper for the background, as well as for the butterfly.  After trimming the patterned paper to fit the Rustic White card panel I adhered it and added the sentiment from Pretty Peonies in black ink.   Pretty Peonies is one of my very favorite PTI sets and the only one I own that has a butterfly in it.   I die cut the butterfly from Rustic White cardstock and then stamped it using kraft colored ink.  Some off white hemp twine was added behind the large butterfly (cut with a Stampin Up! die), adhered to the panel and then the smaller butterfly added.   Finished with a little paper flower.  This is another one of those cards that as I was making it I wasn't entirely sure if I would like how it turned out, but once I was done I really like it!  I'm also going to add this to the July SSS Work It Wednesday challenge:  die cuts.  



Thanks for stopping by today... I appreciate your comments and will return the favor once I have internet for my Nook tablet.  (Comment moderation is on so your comment will appear once I get the chance to approve them.)

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic white, Stampin Up! Crumb Cake; Stamps:  PTI; Dies:  PTI and Stampin Up!; Inks:  Stampin Up! and Memento; hemp twine; Prima paper rose; Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye

29 comments:

Lee said...

Very pretty.

victoria h said...

pretty card

Cindy H. said...

What a lovely card! Love it!

DIANA L. said...

Love the butterfly and your other
layered elements

Nancy Penir said...

Lovely coloring, Rosemary. Sweet texture on your butterfly! Have fun with your boys!

Marybeth said...

You nailed it! Love the wood background and your gorgeous butterfly! Beautiful layers and pretty flower in the center!

~amy~ said...

Have a great road trip! Your card is beautiful!

Joy2Scrapbook said...

Lovely card, it has that nice vintage feel!

Nancy said...

Oh Rosemary, your card is just lovely! Gorgeous design!

D.Ann C said...

So very lovely!!

Birgit said...

Your card is just beautiful! Love all the details you thought of.

Betty said...

wonderful card Rosemary - love the colors you chose and the patterned paper is a perfect background - have a fun california trip!

Petra Swart said...

So beautiful, Rosemary!!! That butterfly is stunning!!!
Hope you had a great trip!!!

Deepti said...

You rocked the Inspiration :) love the layered butterflies !

Betty Wright said...

Love the rustic/vintage feel! Beautifully done, Rosemary!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Marcia Hill said...

Love your woodgrain background and your butterfly is just lovely...beautiful card! Enjoy your trip with the boys!! :0)

Karen C. said...

Beautiful. The wood grain background looks wonderful behind the butterfly.

Luanne said...

Fabulous layered butterfly! Love how you captured the inspiration photo.

Anita in France said...

Lovely layers on your gorgeous butterfly, Rosemary ... so very pretty! Enjoy your trip! Anita :)

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous! I love all the layers and the woodgrain!

Diana K said...

Oh my. One of my favourite things in cardmaking is woodgrain (love the colour of yours) plus you did gorgeous layering for your butterfly. Oh my. That is all.

Hannelie said...

I cannot stop looking at this beautiful card Rosemary!
Just amazing!

Greta said...

Hope you're having a great trip, my friend! I loved that sketch & you make me want to use it--this is just stunning! Love the layered butterflies & the paper flower--need to do that with my butterflies!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Viv said...

What a fab card Rosie, love the background and the pretty butterflies.Enjoy California ;) Viv xx

Lisa Elton said...

This is ever so lovely Rosemary!! I like the pretty little rose you added to the butterfly!

Nat said...

so rustic and beautiful, I love that wood background its the perfect touch!! :)

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a beauty this is.
Love your take on the inspiration photo.