"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, July 13, 2015

i will never forget...

Hey friend!!  Hope your week is off to a good start.  Have a card to share for a few challenges:  Sweet Sunday Sketch, MFT Color challenge and Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge:  anything goes.  Last night I was hunting around for a few challenges to play and decided to check to see if MFT had their color challenge posted and they did... YAY!  I haven't played along in an MFT challenge in... well... I can't remember, lol!   I really liked the color combo so I combined it with the new layout from Sweet Sunday Sketches.  I used an older MFT set designed by Lisa Johnson called Forget Me Not.  I think I have only used this lovely little set once!  Played around with the colors a bit and settled on using the peachy color for my flowers and the yellow and lavender colors as accents.  The lavender cardstock I used is from Stampin Up!, but I'm not entirely sure if it is Wisteria Wonder or an older SU! color called Lavender Lace.  Whatever the case it worked, lol!  The peachy ink color I used is Simon Says Stamp's Pale Blush.  The yellow is Memento Dandelion and the green is Memento Pear Tart.   Die cut the flowers and stem with the matching Forget Me Not dies and then stamped them.   After I finished stamped the border image in yellow I decided to do some partial embossing on the panel and then added the strip of black cardstock.  Layered up the die cut circles, added the sentiment and the flowers and I was done. 



Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white; Simon Says Stamp fog, SU! lavender; Inks:  Simon Says Stamp and Memento; Stamps:  MFT Forget Me Not; Dies:  Spellbinders circles and MFT Forget Me Not; dotted embossing folder

10 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous :)

Lisa Elton said...

Well, this is just perfectly delightful!!

Greta said...

Beautiful use of that neat sketch & color combo, Rosemary! Love this sweet card!

Barb Ghig said...

Another beautiful card, Rosemary! I love the flowers and pretty color combo, too!

Sandra said...

Stunning card! Love the sentiment! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Lisa Lara said...

Love how you framed your sentiment with those sweet little flowers Rosi.

Anita in France said...

Beautiful, Rosemary ... those lovely blooms with the wonderful sentiment are gorgeous inside the outlined circle panel! Anita :)

Petra Swart said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary!!! The soft shades of the colours are beautiful and the black strip really let it pop!!!! Love the stamped yellow border and the sweet little flowers!!!!

Veronica Z said...

This is such a lovely card! You used the colors in such an elegant way, not overpowering at all. Beautiful work! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Color Challenge!