"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, July 23, 2015

be..you..tiful...

Hey friends!!  Yesterday I got some happy mail from Ellen Hutson.  I have been on a little craft fast for the last two months and that means no new stamps and dies.  I had been doing really well and not purchased anything new until Ellen Hutson had a recent sale.  But I couldn't resist getting a Essentials by Ellen set I have wanted for a long time, Bokeh Dots, and a die, Be-you-tiful.  I put both of them to good use as soon as I got them, lol!   I will be posting this to the current Ellen Hutson Pin-Sights challenge, as well as the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, sparkle and shine.   I used two different shades of blue and one shade of red ink.  After stamping all the images I die cut out the be-you-tiful from the panel.  Additional cuts were made using white and red cardstock and then layered back into the opening ending with the one originally cut from the panel.  I added some sparkle with clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.  You can't see it in the photo, but I also added some partial embossing with a Stars embossing folder.  As I was checking to see what the new sketch was over at CAS(E) this Sketch I could believe my eyes... a sketch almost exactly like my card!!  How funny is that??  So... posting this to CTS, as well.  Also adding this to Simon Says Stamp's July Work it Wednesday.   Here is a close up of the die cutting and the sequins:



 
Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white; Stampin Up! Night of Navy; Stamps and dies:  Essentials by Ellen; Inks:  Stampin Up! Night of Navy, Real Red and Marina Mist; Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins; Stampin Up! Stars embossing folder

 

10 comments:

Petra Swart said...

What a coincidence having your card fit the sketch so well, Rosemary!!!! Love those stamped circles and all the happy red dots!!!! The sentiment looks great!!! Be-you-tiful!!!
Have a great day!!!

Anita in France said...

Love camoflaged words, Rosemary ... and these are just fabulous! Gorgeous graphic circles, fun dots and just the perfect amount of bling ... a beauty! Anita :)

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Lisa Elton said...

Great purchase Rosemary!! I love the look of the word blending right into your design. This is marvelous!!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!!

Deepti said...

Beautiful indeed :)

Lin said...

Very pretty design, Rosemary! I love your inlaid die-cut sentiment! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Greta said...

I can see why you broke your fast, Rosemary--wonderful new products & a totally delightful card--perfect for both challenges!

Leigh Penner said...

I love this! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Martha said...

Yes, this IS "BEAUTIFUL!"
I love it, Rosemary.