"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

too much happy?

Hey friends!!  Super quick post sharing a card that I made last week using a Splitcoaststampers color combo.  I posted the card in my Splitcoast gallery, but decided to share it here, as well since it fits the current challenge over at Time Out (nature with a twist of animals... not sure if a butterfly counts, lol!).  Also posting this to the current Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge of anything goes.   Used some of my favorite Stampin Up! stamp sets on this one (Kinda Ecelectic, Butterfly Basics and Yippee-Skippee!).   The color combo was SU! Melon Mambo, Island Indigo and Sahara Sand.  I used Ranger's Pumice Stone distress ink since I don't have Sahara Sand and it is a good match.  Had fun going a little crazy with the stamping.  After I finished I decided to add some bits of stitching using silver metallic thread.  I used my PTI Stitching Line dies (is that what they are called??) and die cut to lines of holes and then added the stitching.  Threw a bit of washi tape on there, too!  The card is kinda funky, but I do like it. 

Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white, Stampin Up! Sahara Sand; Inks:  SU! and Ranger; Stamps:  Stampin Up!; Dies:  PTI; Thread:  DMC silver metallic thread; My Mind's Eye washi tape

10 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you paired your stamps and the color combo is beautiful, Rosemary! Gorgeous card!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty mix of elements Rosemary, lovely card!!

Greta said...

Beautiful stamping, Rosemary--love this card!

Hannelie said...

Yes, like the funkyness!
I love the look!

Anita in France said...

Fantastic collage stamping, Rosemary (as ever!) ... and such a pretty colour combo ... lovely! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!

Lisa Lara said...

So classic and beautiful Rosi, just like you.

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty! Love the collage effect you created, and yes butterflies count for our challenge! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

Suzanne C said...

What lovely layering of stamping! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Petra Swart said...

You are so good at collage stamping, Rosemary - wish I could do it!!!! I really like the stamps you have used and the colours are beautiful!!! The kraft really frames it perfectly!!!! Love it!!!