"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, July 3, 2015

make do and mend...

Hello!!!  WOW... it is darn hot here in the Pacific Northwest!!   As I am typing this post it is 91 degrees!!   Too hot for me, lol!!   Thank goodness we have an air-conditioned house otherwise I don't know what I would do!!  All this heat has left me with an acute lack of desire to make anything, but I had some design team work to do so after I finished up that project I made this little card using the current layout from Freshly Made Sketches, as well as the current Color Throwdown combo of turquoise, orange, kraft and white.  Since that is a rather summery color combo I think I will post this to the current Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge, as well.  I combined some old things (the patterned paper I used) with some new (the newest PTI Make it Market kit Nostalgic Notions).   I really liked the simplicity of the layout and so kept my design simple, as well.  I used the heart shaped button die from the kit to make my button and then stamped it with corresponding images from the little button stamp set included in the kit.  After adhering my patterned paper stripes to a piece of white cardstock I added the little corner images using orange and turquoise inks and then the sentiment in black.  Some kraft colored twine was tied around the piece and the button adhered.  Mounted it on a kraft card base.   Well... gotta make dinner and then I think the boys and I will head out into the heat to watch our church's annual 4th of July celebration.  No fireworks at this celebration... just lots of good music, patriotic music that celebrates God and our great country! 

 
Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white, PTI kraft; Patterned paper:  Stampin Up!; Inks:  Stampin Up! Tempting Turquoise, Hero Arts Orange Soda; kraft bakers twine; Stamps and dies:  PTI Nostalgic Notions

17 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet card Rosemary. Love the way you used the colors. That little heart with the flowers look so pretty. Great take on the sketch too. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Lisa Elton said...

Yep 91 is hot!! Stay in, stay cool and keep making pretty cards like this one!! Have a safe and happy 4th!!

Greta said...

Modern & beautiful, Rosemary! It sure is too hot--95 here today which means Fritz & I take lots of very short walks! Hope you had fun at the celebration--happy 4th!

Hannelie said...

I love this Rosemary!
Fresh and beautiful!

Celeste Goff said...

I love that you combined your card to do both a sketch layout and a color inpsiration! Very pretty card and I love the sentiment!

walchowDesign said...

Great take on the sketch and colour challenge! Stay cool and happy 4th July! We are at 99.5 - it's too hot for me!

Jen Mitchell said...

Great card! I love the colors and the little cross hatch marks are a great way to frame the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Rosemary ... the detailing on that little heart button is just delicious! Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

This is just beautiful! I love the colors and that Nostalgic Notions is wonderful!

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is simply beautiful & fabulous!
Your creations always inspire me.
You've used the pretty colors & sketch SO beautifully!
It looks like another "WINNER" to me!

I'm SO sorry you've been having such HOT temperatures in your part of the USA. OH, you know I can certainly relate! When the temperatures are in the high 90s to 100s for days & days, our weatherman considers "91" a cold-front. LOL!

Take care & stay cool!

Barb Ghig said...

So sorry you're still dealing with extreme temps...WOW! Love your take on the sketch, Rosemary! Beautiful patterned papers and I love the orange and turquoise brackets! Such a clever way to place your twine, too! Another really fabulous card!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful card! Great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Nat said...

I really like this sentiment, beautifully created cas design!! :)

Deepti said...

What a stunning design! This looks like a winner :)

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors!! Love the heart-flower cluster!! Glad you joined us at CTD!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a wonderful card! I love your choice of colours and images! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Petra Swart said...

You have extreme heat and over here the cold is keeping me away from my craft area!!!! The study, where I have my computer and do my cards, is the coldest part of our house, so I rather sit in the winter sun or in front of the fire in the lounge or family room knitting and crocheting!!!!! But I've been missing all my friends in Blogland, so I've put on all my warmest clothes and I'm sort of OK with the cold at the moment!!!! I can't wait to do a card or two again, too!!!
Oh, I LOVE this beautiful card, Rosemary!!!! The kraft base works great with the white and the blue and orange!!! The little heart embellishment is sooooo sweet and I love the little bow!!!! This is really such a great take on the sketch, Rosemary - a winner!!!!