"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, June 25, 2016

June PTI Blog Hop...

Hey friends!!  Stopping in with a card for this month's PTI blog hop.  Nicole provided us with another intriguing inspiration piece.  As I looked at this lovely work of art I originally thought that I would use the Friendly Flowers stamp set, but my order from this month's PTI release came yesterday and I decided to use the Splits:  Thank You mini stamp set and the matching die and do some watercoloring.  I embossed the die on to my watercolor cardstock and then stamped the image with VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink using my mini MISTI.  Then I picked some colors from the inspiration piece, found corresponding colors in my Gansai Tambi watercolor palette and colored up the flowers and leaves.  Once I had the look I wanted I let the piece dry and then stamped the sentiment (from the PTI set Garden Grace) in VersaFine Onyx Black.  I would have used the sentiment from the Splits:  Thank You set, but I'm trying to get a little stash of birthday cards so I used the sentiment from Garden Grace instead.  Die cut the piece, added some Pretty Pink Posh sparkly clear sequins and then adhered the panel to a light grey card base.  Simple, but I really like how it turned out.
 
Thanks for stopping by...


Supplies:  Cardstock:  light grey, Ranger watercolor cardstock; Stamps:  PaperTrey Ink; Dies:  PaperTrey Ink and AJVD; Inks:  VersaFine;  Watercolors:  Kuretake Gansai Tambi; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh 

34 comments:

DIANA L. said...

utiful I love you CAS look and the color choices

Leslie L. said...

Very pretty!

Marcia Hill said...

CAS perfection...absolutely LOVE this! :0)

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful card! I like the look of the embossing around the stamped image.

Colleen said...

Awesome card!!

Kathryn A said...

I love the simplicity of your card! Great take on the colours in the inspiration photo!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love it!

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful! Love it!!

Greta said...

Perfect use of the inspiration, Rosemary! I didn't get that splits set, but now it's going on my wishlist!

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful inspired design Rosemary - love the coloring on the pretty Splits stamping!

Carol D said...

I like that a lot!! Lots of interest, but lots of white space.

Inkyfingers said...

Such a beautiful CAS design - love it!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary! The soft coloring is just perfect!

Betty Wright said...

Beautifully done! Great colors and design!

Connie MacFarlane said...

So, so pretty! CAS perfection.

Skrater said...

Love, love this! I have been resisting the "splits" because I don't need anything more but wow you really did a beautiful job with this set. Thanks for sharing!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

So soft and pretty!

Nancy Penir said...

You really gave this cas stamp a rich depth with your sweet pastel colors. beautiful, Rosemary!

Sue said...

Love your CAS card! So very pretty!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful CAS take on the inspiration photo Rosemary, this is fantastic!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love this CAS card. The white space is fabulous. Great job!

Karen said...

Just beautiful! It jumped right out at me in the gallery!

tonyamaries said...

What a beautiful card! Great job!

karen h said...

Beautiful! I love the soft watercolor of the flowers!

Karen B. said...

SO, so gorgeous. I love the CAS design.

Carmela said...

Very pretty card. Nice to see how to use the splits.

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a fabulous take on the inspiration photo.
Beautifully done!

Nancy said...

Such a lovely take on the inspiration Rosemary!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!

Kara Lynne said...

What a beautiful CAS rendition of the inspiration piece! Such a pretty card!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, WOW, this is sooooooo beautiful, Rosemary!!! Love the flower stamps and how you have done the watercolouring!!! Love the way you have stamped the sentiment, too!!! Wonderful CAS look!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Amy Sheffer said...

Soooo gorgeous! I love everything about this! Fantastic interpretation of the inspiration piece!

Karren said...

Wow, I love every little thing about this card! Great take on the inspiration photo.

Anita in France said...

Delicate and so very pretty, Rosemary ... what a gorgeous take on the inspiration! Hugs, Anita :)