"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

wishing you sunshine...

Hey friends!!  Now that summer vacation is upon us things have slowed down a bit and I have found some time to make a card or two... YAY!   Pretty Pink Posh has a rainbow card challenge going on and I really wanted to play along using the PTI mini Make It Market kit Sunshine and Rainbows.  I pretty much love anything that Yana Smakula makes and so I used her card as my inspiration.  I didn't do layers of die cuts like she did, but I did ink up my watercolor cardstock using the PTI stencils and then sprinkled on some water when I was done to achieve the same look. Creating the rainbow takes two stencils and so I had to make sure that I was careful to get the colors in the correct order as I did the inking.  (You know ROY G BIV - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. No indigo or violet as the rainbow stencils only allow for five colors.) Once that was done I die cut the panel down to a smaller size.  The word "sunshine", the swing and the bird are all pre-printed images that are included in the kit.  I just die cut the ones I wanted and I was done.  I stamped the sentiment "Wishing you" from the set in VersaFine Onyx Black and then adhered the word.  I thought about die cutting a few more and stacking them, but decided to just leave it as is.  The little swing was adhered to the clouds and then the bird popped up with a pop dot.  I added the second half of the sentiment after I had actually finished the card and thankfully it stamped nicely for me!  The finishing touch was to add some Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins in two different sizes.  I will be posting this card to the current Paper Players challenge (CAS celebration - I think this is a pretty clean and simple design), as well as the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  At the suggestion of my bloggy friend, Karren, I'm adding this to the Virginia's View Summer challenge.









Thanks for stopping by today... would love to hear your thoughts!


Supplies:  Cardstock: white, Ranger watercolor; Stamps:  PTI; Dies:  PTI and A Jillian Vance Design; Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress inks:  Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean and Fired Brick; Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins

17 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your pretty rainbow Rosemary, this is marvelous!!

Gayatri said...

Beautiful rainbow, Rosemary! Love that bird on the swing. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Amnimal Magic Challenge. Gayatri xx

Ruth said...

This rainbow card is so pretty! I love the bird swinging from the clouds!

Martha said...

WOW, Rosemary, what a fabulous Rainbow card!

Barb Ghig said...

I LOVE how you played with this kit, Rosemary! Beautiful inking on the stencil, and your bird is darling! Love how you added splatters of water, too! I just used this set on a card, too...can't get enough of it :)

Greta said...

Love, love, love your fun rainbow card, Rosemary--beautifully created!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a bright and cheery card Rosemary - I love your stencilled rainbow and swinging birdie. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week for our 300th celebrations!

Karren said...

Beautiful, bright and cheerful! PS: You should also link this up to Virginia's View summer challenge.

Michele Kovack said...

I adore this card! I have a thing for rainbows!!

Nance Leedy said...

Absolutely adorable card, Rosemary. Beautiful stencilling. Love the water drops and the perfect placement of the sentiment and images. Thank you for celebrating PP300 with us at The Paper Players!

Paulina said...

This card is adorable and a true work of art. I'm looking at all the detail you put into it and am in awe!

Thank you for joining along in the rainbow challenge!

Unknown said...

Wow! Your rainbow is just gorgeous!!! I LOVE that sweet little birdie on the swing coming down from the cloud! Adorable! & the sequins are the perfect added touch!!
Shannon McComb
Pretty Pink Posh Designer

Ann Schach said...

Oh, my gosh! I absolutely LOVE your rainbow. The adorable bird swinging from the cloud is so sweet! Thank you for joining The Paper Players in our 300th challenge!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Beautiful rainbow card♥

Houses Built of Cards said...

Beautiful card - and fabulous use of color! From the rainbow, to the sentiment, to the strings on the swing - perfect combinations! So glad you joined the Rainbow Challenge at PPP!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Anita in France said...

Lovely sponged rainbow, Rosemary ... gorgeous combined with that sweet swinging bird! Hugs, Anita :)

Virginia L. said...

So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge! WONDERFUL!