"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 17, 2016

peace...

Hey friends!!  After all the craziness of the last couple of weeks (physical therapy appointments, car appointments... YAY!! I can finally lock my car door!!) it seems my mojo has flown away.  I made this simple card using this week's Freshly Made Sketch layout and this week's Color Throwdown combo.  When I first saw the Color Throwdown graphic I was tempted to make something using a pineapple, but I recently got a couple of new things from Reverse Confetti's June release and so I wanted to use the die and stamp set for my card.  I taped a piece of watercolor paper to my little wooden cutting board and then watercolored part of it using brown and gold paints from my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor set.  Once it was dry I die cut it with an AJVD rectangle backdrop die.  The starfish was die cut from white and yellow cardstocks and then the yellow "star" was inset into the white portion and then inked the edges with some Ranger Old Paper distress ink.  The sentiment from the RC My Heart Trust stamp set was stamped using VersaFine Onyx Black ink.  I used my MISTI to stamp it multiple times to get a good impression.  Popped up the starfish on the panel and then added that panel to a second panel die cut from green cardstock.  To finish I flicked on some yellow paint.  Not my best effort, but sometimes you gotta start somewhere, right?  I'm going to add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of animal magic.  I learned something about starfish the other day.  They are a type of sea urchin and thus... an animal!  At the suggestion of my sweet friend, Greta, I'm adding this to the current City Crafter challenge:  let's go to the beach!
 

Thanks for stopping by today... love to read your comments!


Supplies:  Cardstock:  white; PTI new leaf and lemon tart, Ranger watercolor paper; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design and Reverse Confetti; Ink:  VersaFine; Watercolors:  Kuretake Gansai Tambi

15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your sand dollar looks so pretty with that pop of green in the background! Love the interest the little flecks of yellow add. This is pretty Rosemary!

Amy O said...

A beautiful card! I love that sand dollar, and that sentiment is perfect with it. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Greta said...

Beautiful, soft card, Rosemary--love how you did the sand dollar! This is perfect for City Crafter Challenge Blog, too. Enjoy the weekend, my friend!

Viv said...

Such a lovely CAS card Rosie,love the soft pretty colours and layout ;) hugs Viv xx

Karren said...

Beautiful card and it creates such a peaceful feeling - so you accomplished your goal.

Stella said...

I love the modern and CAS design; a beautiful take on our theme. And your card is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Lisa Lara said...

LOVE it Rosi. I just love your sand dollar and water color sand!

Jen Timko said...

Oh, how I love that sentiment. Such a beautiful card. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Lori said...

Beautiful design! Love your watercolored sand. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is so beautiful with the lovely soft brown and yellow and the darker green frame, Rosemary!!!! The little yellow paint splatters are so perfect to add some interest to the white space!!!! What a lovely sentiment to go with your beautiful sea-scene!!!!!
Have a great week!!!
Hugz

Anita in France said...

Soft and pretty, Rosemary ... and such a lovely sentiment ... so serene! Hugs, Anita :)

Ros Crawford said...

Its a fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Mandy said...

Fabulous CAS card Rosemary!
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Greta said...

Congrats on the HM at FMS!

Martha said...

Rosemary, I love this darling card.
Every detail is just perfect.

Have a lovely week.