"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, June 2, 2016

thinking of you...

Hey friends... popping in with a card for a few challenges.  My sweet friend, Greta, is guest designing for City Crafter challenge blog this week and I just had to play along with the challenge... feathers!  I used the color combo from the current ColourQ challenge and the layout for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch challenge... haven't participated in their challenge for ages!   I used the fun Concord & 9th Grateful stamp set and did some layering of the images.  The set comes with two feathers and I used the smaller one stamping it five times, twice with Coastal Cabana ink and three times with Bahama Blue ink.  The sentiment was stamped over that using Calypso Coral.  I brought in the grey by stamping a little image from the Concord & 9th Painted Thank You set.  The piece was die cut and then mounted on a grey cardstock base.  I must admit that I had to fiddle around with the colors for a bit to get the layering right.   My shoulder is slowly getting better, but sometimes I feel like it has been "one step forward, two steps back" kind of process.  I have to keep reminding myself that it has only been 3 weeks since the surgery and that I need to take it easy... so hard to do... sigh!! 



Thanks so much for stopping by...


Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, SU! Smoky Slate; Stamps:  Concord & 9th; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Stampin Up! and Memento

15 comments:

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a fabulous take on the challenges. Love the stamping & design. Beautifully done!

HUGS! ♥

Nancy said...

Love your design. You captured the challenge for sure!

Greta said...

Oh I love this, Rosemary! Beautiful feather image--perfect for all the challenges! I'm so happy you played along at CCCB for the week I'm GDT--means a lot to me!

Lisa Elton said...

This is FABulous Rosemary, what a pretty design!!

Karren said...

Great job combining challenges! Fabulous card and wonderful use of the colors.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty and fun, Rosemary! I love it! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

Forgot to thank you for sharing this with us at ColourQ!!

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome take on the sketch, Rosemary! Love your color combo, too!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh fun use of the colors Rosi!

Marina said...

A great design - love the sentiment stamped over the feathers, and the colours go together beautifully. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Hannelie said...

Thanks for making this beautiful card with my sketch Rosemary!

Anita in France said...

Delicate and so pretty, Rosemary ... such a lovely take on the sketch! Hugs, Anita :)

Chrissy Larson said...

What a great way to combine challenges! LOVE IT!

Petra Swart said...

Love the pretty feathers and how you have used the colours, Rosemary!!! The sentiment in the bright red is lovely and I really like the little dots you added!!! Beautifully CAS!!!
Hugz