"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, June 30, 2016

two sketches... two cards...

Hello friends!!  Well we are closing in on the long 4th of July weekend here in the US.  My little guy (who is now 10... when did that happen???) is excited to go pick out some fireworks with dad tomorrow.  They have a budget and they better stick to it, lol!!  Physical therapy for my shoulder has really been kicking my butt and making it hard to do anything, but yesterday I pushed through the discomfort and pain I was experiencing and made two cards.  The cards look very similar, but they are in fact for two different challenges.  First up is the card I made for the current Paper Players (a sketch challenge this week) and MFT color challenge.  Most of the MFT stamps I own are rather old and retired, but I love them still.  I pulled out the now retired Forget Me Not stamp set and the matching dies to create my card.   Since I don't own any of the MFT colors I found close approximations for each color.  The little forget me not flowers and stem were die cut and then stamped with the green and darkest lavender color.  The colored cardstock is from Close to My Heart.  Their cardstock is unusual in that the reverse side is a lighter shade of the main color.  That color was used to die cut my MFT stitched fishtail flag banner.  I then cut the banner down further using the same die so that it would fit my white cardstock panel.  I die cut the circle from some CTMH cardstock that was close to Blu Raspberry.  I arranged the forget me not on the circle and then stamped the sentiment from Delicate Pretty Poppies in black ink.  Layered everything up on a light grey card base and I was done.  Adding this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.







This next card is for the current Color Throwdown challenge, as well as the MFT Wednesday sketch challenge.  The MFT layout is so very similar to the one from Paper Players, but I decided to make a separate card instead of using the first card for both challenges.  I used another retired MFT stamp set.  I believe it was called Sunflower, but I'm not entirely sure since I can't find it anywhere.  I die cut the sunflower and then stamped it with yellow and red inks using my mini MISTI... that was quite the trick, lol!   The word "amazing" from the MFT die set by the same name was cut from brown cardstock three times and then all three adhered together.  I stamped the sentiment from the MFT stamp set Amazing on the sunflower using black ink and then adhered the sentiment.  The fishtail banner was die cut from kraft cardstock to fit the white panel.  Layered everything up and adhered it to a light grey cardstock panel. 



Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white; SSS fog; SU! chocolate chip; Close to My Heart lavender and blue; Stamps: My Favorite Things; Dies:  MFT and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Stampin Up! and VersaFine Onyx Black


9 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Both are wonderful cards!! They are similar layouts! I think I have that MFT sunflower too. So glad you joined us at CTD!!

paperkicks said...

Fantastic cards! I do love the layouts, but the looks are different and unique.

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I love them Rosi. That sunflower just pops. I am sure all that PT will pay off!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love the soft and feminine look of the first card, Rosemary and the little flowers are so pretty!!! So beautiful!!! The sunflower on the second card is really lovely and the yellow and red works so wonderfully with the kraft!! Two great cards, my friend!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Rosemary, I love the layout and CAS designs, both are absolutely stunning! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Greta said...

These are wonderful, Rosemary! That purple cardstock is really neat & perfect for that card with the sweet flowers! The sunflower card is striking & beautiful! Wishing you & your family a fun 4th!

Anita in France said...

A duo of beauties, Rosemary ... what a different look on each from changing the colour combo's ... they're both gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Broni said...

Both great cards! Love the way the brown "amazing" looks over the pretty sunflower! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Martha said...

Rosemary, I love how you always make sketches & color challenges shine! Your cards are simply beautiful.

Hope you are doing well.
HUGS! ♥