"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, January 11, 2020

happiness is...

Happy weekend!  I'm popping in with a card for two of my favorite challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.  I always seem to combine the two challenges together, too!  Back in December I was able to make a small order with Concord & 9th thanks to a discount code they sent me (thanks C9!) and I purchased the Feathered stamp and die set.  The set has multiple feather images and I used several to create my feather.  I first stamped the largest image using Catherine Pooler Grass Skirt ink.  I then heat set the image to make sure that embossing powder would not stick to it.  I then lined up three additional images, stamped then with VersaMark watermark ink and heat set using WOW! gold embossing powder.  The feature was then die cut with the matching die.  I die cut two feathers from kraft cardstock using the stand a lone feather die and adhered the three feathers together.  I cut two lengths of dark green and gold bakers twine and then tied a knot in the center.  The ends were tied in knots, as well, trimmed down and adhered to the feathers.  A rectangle of white cardstock was die cut and adhered to a kraft cardstock base using foam dimensionals.  The feathers were adhered and then I added the sentiment that I heat embossed on green cardstock using the same WOW! embossing powder. (I am affiliated with several different companies listed in my side bar.  You can shop for many of the items I used to make my card using those links.  If you do so I will earn a small commission at no cost to you.  Thank you in advance should you decide to shop through those links.)



Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!  

12 comments:

Viv said...

Happy New Year Rosie!loving your sweet card with the gorgeous feathers, lovely colour combo too ;) hugs Viv xx

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous blend of organic warmth and graphic style, Rosemary ... brilliant use of that delicious colour palette! Hugs, Anita :)

Darnell said...

I love this feather die and how you've created your design, Rosemary! You did an amazing job combining the two challenges and I love your photographic setting, too! Hugs, Darnell CTD GD

Jacquie Southas said...

Simply fabulous, Rosemary! Love the way you used the colors and sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Greta said...

This is really beautiful, Rosemary! Perfect use of both challenges!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the texture and pattern of your leaves on the crisp white panel! This is pretty Rosemary!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is so simple and so very beautiful.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Yummy feather card, Rosemary! Just love the neutral ones behind the colorful one!!

TK said...

I had not seen these feathers before, but you showed us how to use them with perfection. Such a great card, Rosemary

Kara Lynne said...

How gorgeous, Rosemary! Those feathers look amazing with the two craft ones bringing the focus to the front green and gold one! I think, just like you, that those two challenges pair so well together and your card is the proof!

Judy Rozema said...

Really lovely! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karren said...

Wonderful card and a great job combining challenges! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.