"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

you are a treasure...

Hello!  I got some crafty time in the other day and made this card for the Paper Players and CAS(E) this Sketch challenges.  I love me a opportunity to do some collaging (either with stamped images or a combination of stamping and die cut images) and when I saw the current CTS layout I had to make something for the challenge.   When I initially saw the PP challenge to create something fashion related I didn't think I had anything that would fit until I remembered that I had this fun little stamp set from PTI designed by Dawn McVey that included a dressmakers form.   I also used another stamp set designed by Dawn McVey from her Boutique Borders line to create the little sign (for lack of a better description) element.  I think I have almost all the Boutique Borders sets and now that they are more readily available to me I am going to try to use them more.  The flourish image is from a favorite Stampin Up! set called Timeless Textures.  My color combo was take from some patterned paper from PTI that has bright pink, light blue, green and teal in it.   You can't tell in the photo, but the dress form was die cut first from silver cardstock and then from the polka dot patterned paper that was trimmed down.  I layered another die cut to give the little dress form more stability.  The sign was die cut and then stamped with the border.  I arranged the dress form and the sign so I could determine where to stamp the flourishes and then layered everything up.  The sentiment was stamped on a little banner using green ink and adhered along with some iridescent sequins for a bit of sparkle.  I really like how my card turned out. 



Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love it when you make your collage cards! This is charming Rosemary!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! so beautifully put together, love all the details.
Faith x

Jaydee said...

Rosemary, this is wonderful. I love the elements and your polka dot mannequin is fabulous. Great CAS card. So glad you joined us at the Players this week
jaydee

Viv said...

Love this one Rosie, so pretty too ;) hugs Viv xx

laurie said...

Very pretty! What a great design. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A beautiful CAS collage Rosemary - I love the pattern on the dress form, really striking. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Stef Perry said...

I admire that you can create a collage and keep it CAS! What an utterly beautiful collection of images, and the dress form worked out perfectly for the challenge theme. Thank you for joining The Paper Players this week, it's always wonderful to see your card in the gallery!

Anita in France said...

Always love to see your collage cards, Rosemary ... this one is so deliciously CAS ... and each element is fabulous with all of the others! So inspiring! Hugs, Anita :)