"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

two cards... one image...

Hello!  Well I seem to be in a cardmaking lately!  I'm trying to use all of the stam
ps and dies that I purchased in November and December.   Today is the day to share two cards that I made using one image.  In either November or December I purchased the beautiful My Favorite Things Floral Focus stamp and die set.  This set consists of a large floral image and different words that can be put together to create sentiments.  The die is one large die that cuts the entire image.  However, the way the image was design there is a way to cut the image apart thus creating two separate pieces.  I stamped the image on watercolor paper and then stamped the image using VersaFine CLAIR Morning Mist ink.  I watercolored the image using my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors in the MFT color challenge combo.  I'm really fascinated with using gray to color images and even though I had already created a card using that color combo I really wanted to use it again.  Once the image was dry I added some additional color with my Polychromos color pencils and I then carefully die cut it.  The die is solid and so I had to die cut it first from scrap paper to create a template, arrange the template over the stamped image, fit the die into place and then run it through my die cutter.  It took a little bit of patience to do that, but it worked like a charm. I cut the piece apart and then I created my first card using the layout from CAS(E) this Sketch.  I will also be posting this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge and the MFT color challenge.



The second card uses the layout from Mojo Monday.  I'm going to try to play along with Mojo Monday more often this year.  We will see how it goes.  I left the ribbon element off my card for a more clean and simple design.  Going to post this one to Simon Says Stamp, as well.  No need to explain the process as I already did that for the first card! With this card you can see more of my coloring as on the first card I partially covered that up with my sentiment strip.  I must say that  even though I had to cut the image into two separate pieces I'm really pleased with how well my coloring turned out.  I have been watching lots of videos on watercoloring and learning lots.  Now I have to put it into practice!  I'm looking forward to coloring this image again and using the full image on one card!


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I spy two WINNERS here! Your first card is just gorgeous Rosemary. You've nailed the sketch. Two marvelous works of art!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are both simply stunning, Rosemary! Such a lovely card. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful cards. Love the layout of each one and your fabulous coloring of the lovely flowers. TFS

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fabulous cards, Rosemary - just love the rich red along with the pinks!!

Betty said...

I just bought this stamp and die set too - and thanks for the tip on getting two cards with the single die - our cards are so lovely!

Anita in France said...

Two elegant lovelies, Rosemary ... you used the colour combo so beautifully ... and your soft colouring is just awesome! Hugs, Anita :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your colouring is gorgeous and the colour combo is fab. Both Stunning cards as always.
Faith x

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on being chosen a CTS Fave, Rosie! Love them both!

Greta said...

Yah for the shout out at CTS!