"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, January 9, 2020

cards to share...

Hello!  Popping in today with multiple cards to share.  The first two cards were made with a background stamp called Etched Snowflake from the brand new Simon Says Stamp release called Hey Bestie (you can find the new release here).  I'm always so thankful to Simon Says Stamp for their kindness in sending me product to share with you!  For both cards I used a technique that I have seen the super talented Yana Smakula use on many occasions.  When I received the background stamp in the mail from SSS I knew that I wanted to try out Yana's technique.  It is a very simple one, but it really packs a punch.  You simply embossed your image on colored cardstock and then ink up the panel leaving the center of the panel uninked so that it puts the emphasis on the center of your card.  With the first card I cut a piece of light aqua cardstock and then embossed the background in silver.  I inked up the panel using Distress Oxide ink in Broken China.  The snowflake in the center is also from Simon Says Stamp and I die cut it from silver cardstock.   I die cut my panel so that one of the snowflakes in in the center of the panel and then adhered the snowflake to the center.  I heat embossed the sentiment (also from Simon Says Stamp) in silver (from Tsukineko)on vellum and used a SSS banner die to cut it before adhering it to the center of the snowflake.  The panel was then adhered to a white cardstock base.

For the second card I went with a more tone on tone look by using dark red cardstock that I embossed the background in clear embossing powder.  I then used a red ink (the cardstock and ink are from Stampin Up!) that matches the cardstock to ink up the panel.   For this card I used the Simon Says Stamp Snowflake Tag die set for my center snowflake.  I adhered my panel to a card base made from the same dark red cardstock.  I heat embossed the sentiment (from a Simon Says Stamp set) in gold embossing powder from WOW! Embossing on vellum and then die cut the tag.  The snowflake was die cut from gold mirror cardstock and then adhered to the center of the card.  I carefully applied glue behind the letters of the sentiment and then adhered the tag to the snowflake.  I finished off the card with a bow tied from baker's twine that is in the same color as the cardstock and ink.

My next set of cards I made just for fun with lots of goodies from Spellbinders.  I'm patiently waiting for my January Spellbinders small die kit and while I'm waiting I decided that this was the perfect opportunity to make a couple of cards using the Spellbinders December small die kit.   The December kit is a great set of word dies that allow you to make all kinds of combinations of sentiments.  I kept things simple by just using the Happy Birthday and Thinking of You dies.  Several months ago I purchased a Spellbinders card kit (May 2019).  These kits are jammed packed.  You get a die set, a pad of patterned paper, die cut embellishments, cardstock, pre-scored cards and envelopes, adhesive and a stamp set.   The value is amazing!  I had previously made a few cards with the die set that came in the kit and some of the die cut embellishments, as well.  With so much left over I had to get a couple more made.  I layered up lots of different elements including layered butterfly stickers that also came in the kit.  After layering up all the elements I die cut the sentiments from some of the cardstock from the kit and adhered them.  I just love how each card turned out!  I'm going to be posting one of the cards to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to use flowers.


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your snowflake cards are just so very beautiful, thanks for explaining how you made them. Gosh you did have a lot in the kit, I love how you have put everything together in your birthday card. All so beautiful.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

You've worked your usual magic on these Rosemary! They're all fantastic, but I think the one with the butterfly and notebook paper is my favorite!

Greta said...

Wow--you're amazing, Rosemary! The snowflake cards are absolutely gorgeous--love the background technique! You're so good at layers even though I think of you as the Queen of CAS & the last 2 cards show it!

Anita in France said...

Your snowflakes cards are both fabulous, Rosemary ... I especially love the icy blue one ... the inked edges really draw the eye to that wonderful, delicate die cut! How stunning are your florals ... you're brilliant at layering and collaging ... the composition of all the elements on each card is just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

TK said...

Wow, Rosemary, these are all so beautiful! Love the details