"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, January 13, 2020

sending hugs...

Hello!  A quick post today to share a card that I made for the MFT sketch and color challenges.  I used a MFT border die set that I have had for ages and never really used.  I do not know what it is called because it is no longer available from MFT, but it sure is cute!  I die cut my panel using the largest Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle die from watercolor paper and then added a light wash of pink watercolor (Kuretake Gansai Tambi).  I dried the panel with my heat tool and then set it aside.  I die cut the hearts from dark red cardstock and adhered them to the watercolor panel.  The sentiment was stamped on a medium gray cardstock with watermark ink and then heat embossed in white.  I die cut it with another MFT die that is no longer available in the MFT store, but I believe was called Slanted Sentiment Strips.  The sentiment is from Pink Fresh Studios.  I adhered the sentiment strip after trimming it down and then finished with some sparkling clear confetti.   As you can see my interpretation of the sketch was pretty literal, lol! (I am affiliated with several companies listed on my side bar.  The majority of items I use I purchased from those affiliates.  Should you decide to purchase through my link I will receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.)  ETA:  At my sweet bloggy friend Anita's (Anita is also on the Time Out design team) suggestion I'm going to add this to the Time Out challenge.  Thanks so much for reminding that this card would work for the challenge, Anita!




Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!  

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a darling card Rosemary! I love the wash of pink you added!

TK said...

Sweet and perfect, great combo of colors

Anita in France said...

Soft and so pretty, Rosemary ... the hint of pink is yummy! This would be perfect for our current challenge at Time Out, if yo'd like to add it! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - love the pink wash with the rich red hearts, Rosemary! Perfect with the gray card and sentiment strip!!

sandie said...

Rosemary this is gorgeous. I love that pretty frame and really like the colour of the base card-lovely and neutral. The wash is so subtle and works so well with the placement of the hearts-they really show as the star with this subtle background. Wonderful card and thanks for joining Time Out

Anita in France said...

Delighted to see you in our gallery, Rosemary ... thanks so much for the shoutout ... and for playing along with us! Hugs again, Anita :)

Shauna said...

Wow... what a fantastic design! I love the hearts and gems off-set and the addition of the subtle ink. Thanks for playing at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on your MFT win!