"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, January 4, 2020

happy birthday...

Hey there!  Hope your year is off to a great start!  So far so good for me!  Got some new goodies in the mail the other day and I made a card with one of them... the Flower Swag die set from Simon Says Stamp.  I used the color combo from Color Throwdown for my card so I will be posting it there, as well as over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to create something new (either using a new product or a card for something new... like the year, etc.)   I die cut some white cardstock with a large rectangle die from A Jillian Vance Design and then used the border part of the Flower Swag set to die cut the bottom.  I then die cut brown cardstock with the same rectangle die and adhered it to the white rectangle so that I would have the perfect amount of brown cardstock showing at the bottom.  I then die cut the flower swag part of the die set from dark red cardstock three times and adhered them together.  The swag was then adhered to the white cardstock piece along the border.  I stamped a sentiment from another Simon Says Stamp set in watermark ink and then heat embossed it in white.  The entire piece was then adhered to a white cardstock base.  I finished with sequins from the Simon Says Stamp Love You sequin mix.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your use of the colors Rosemary, this is so sweet!

Greta said...

I do really love that die & you've used it beautifully, Rosemary!

TK said...

Beautiful! I love that your brown is more pronounced, but the red hits the spot against all that white!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Rosemary ... and so deliciously CAS ... yum! Hugs, Anita :)