"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, March 30, 2024

bird's nest...

 Hello!   Wishing everyone a very happy Easter!  I'm popping in to share a card that I made using the current Freshly Made Sketches layout.  And since the challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is anything goes I will also be posting the card there.  Take a look at what I made.


Lately I have been trying to make a point of using products that I purchase as soon after I receive them as I can instead of getting and then putting them away.   This card uses one of my my recent purchases, PaperTrey Ink's Into the Blooms:  Nest die set.  In February I was the lucky winner of a $100 gift certificate for commenting on their release day blog post!  I had been eyeing the Into the Blooms: Nest die set and so picked it up along with a few other new items.   When I saw the layout for Freshly Made Sketches I thought a bird's nest would be perfect.  I started by using my Crooked Broom distress mica spray and some old Tsukeniko walnut stain spray on distress heavy stock.  I sprayed the heavy stock with water first and then added the other sprays letting them mix.  Because I wanted to get working on the card I used by heat tool to dry the piece of heavy stock.  Then I die cut out the pieces of the nest.  I had lots of pieces of heavy stock that I had sprayed with a combo of other mica sprays and so I used those for the leaves, eggs and flower.  Once I had everything die cut and assembled I dug through my large supply of 6x6 paper pads and came across this very old Basic Grey Serenade pad.  The colors in the pad were perfect for my little nest.  I die cut two different pieces and layered them on my kraft cardstock base.  I layered on the nest and then finished with a Memory Box pre-foiled sentiment tab.  

That's it for me!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


7 comments:

cathy & the fuzzybuns said...

Really nice card. I could see using it as a start for a masculine card...a.challenge for me.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful nest, Rosemary - just love the sprayed papers you used for it and the vintage patterned ones in the background!

TK said...

What a sweet card, Rosemary, I love the nest!
As for your goal to use your new products.... I think we all need to have that as a goal but I am lacking, at the moment!

Greta said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Rosemary! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Rosemary this is fabulous, a very creative card, love the colours and paper. A great take on the sketch too. x

Lisa Elton said...

I like all of the pretty little elements you tucked into the nest! This is a sweet way to say Happy Birthday. I hope you enjoyed a Happy Easter, my friend!

Karren said...

The bird's nest die is perfect for the sketch! Love the patterns and textures you have used on this gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.