"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, March 7, 2024

turquoise flower...

 Hello!  Popping in with a card for a few challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches, Color Hues and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  Couldn't resist the lovely Color Hues combo so I pulled out a pretty Memory Box floral die and made this:


Memory Box recently came out with 6x6 pads of beautiful color coordinated cardstocks.  I used the Lagoon and Greenery 6x6 pads to die cut my flower and leaves from.   The arched die cut is also from Memory Box.  After I die cut it from white cardstock I die cut it in half for the split element from the FMS layout.  After adhering all the pieces of the flower together I layered everything to a white cardstock panel that I embossed with a sweet floral embossing folder from Simon Says Stamp.  The embossing folder is a 3d one, but I ran it through my die cutting machine with only the embossing folder and my base plate.  The image was embossed, but not deeply and I really liked it.  I finished the card with a new Open Studio Greeting Tab Happy Birthday sentiment and some turquoise fairy jewels.



Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You've done a wonderful job combining those challenges, Rosemary! This is such a pretty card!

Karen said...

Lisa is correct--you've done an awesome job of incorporating the different challenges. I love the white on white background you created. The turquoise and green floral just pop against it. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Greta said...

So pretty, Rosemary! That is a beautiful flower die!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful mix of colours and the flower is beautiful Rosemary, love the leaves too and your take on the sketch. A really lovely card. x

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary your bloom I so beautiful especially is the perfect shades for the challenge! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Pretty card, Rosemary and what I really love is your fun layout with your arched backgrounds1 Thanks for playing at Color Hues we love having you in our gallery!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous blue flower, Rosemary, and I love the split arch too!! So pretty atop the white embossed background!!

Karren said...

This is gorgeous! The crisp, white background really makes this fabulous flower pop. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This bold bloom is absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love how the flower pops off the crisp clean background! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!