"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, March 17, 2024

Easter Bird...

  Hello!  Hope all is well in your part of the world.  I have a card to share today for several challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches, Time Out, JUGs and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  JUGs and Time Out are doing a collaboration and the theme is "birds of a feather".   I recently received an order from Simon Says Stamp that included the sweet little bird die set called Sitting Sparrow from Memory Box.  Perfect timing, right? Here is what I made.


I used a MFT brickwall stencil and some grit paste that I tinted with Hickory Smoke distress ink re-inker for the background.  The little bird is sitting on the Memory Box Magnolia Leaf Branch that I die cut from watercolor cardstock and then colored with distress ink re-inkers in Brushed Corduroy and Bundled Sage.  I tried to do the same thing with the bird not once, but twice and both times it was an abysmal failure.  So, I went back to my tried and true technique of inkblending with my Waffle Flower 0+ blending brushes and distress oxide inks.  This time success!  Once the grit paste had dried (with a little help from my heat gun!) I assembled the card.   Since I wanted the card to be an Easter card I finished with the Happy Easter sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Bunny Love stamp set.


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love every pretty little detail on this fabulous card! So happy to spot it in our JUGs gallery!

Kim S said...

What a sweet scene you've created! The bird is lovely in those soft blues and so perfect on the branch with the hint of brick behind it. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is a beautiful card, Rosemary. I love the way you used the sketch. Love the detail of the brick wall and your colorsing is perfect. Thanks so much for joining the Time Out/Just Us Girls Challenge fun!

Greta said...

Love your stenciled background, the sweet bird, your coloring--everything! Happy you joined us at Time Out, Rosemary!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet birdie on branch, Rosemary, & I love the texture from the brick behind!!

TK said...

Sweet bird, beautiful card!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Wow!! This is such a beautiful easter card,Rosemary!! I really love the textured background and the soft colors you have used. Thank you so much for joining us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How very beautiful and what a wonderful bird. Love your branch too. Gorgeous colouring (at last) worth every minute. x

Bobby said...

This is just the sweetest card, Rosemary. The bird is darling and I love that branch die. Thanks for sharing with us at the Time Out/Just Us Girls collaboration challenge.

cm said...

Beautiful showcase of your new sparrow, sitting so pretty on its branch. Thank you for sharing this in the Just Us Girls + Time Out galleries.
~carol