"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, March 1, 2024

mixed media tag...

 Hello and happy March!  Can you believe it is already March?  Where is the time going?!  Spring isn't quite here, yet, but I'm definitely in a spring-like mood!   With that in mind, I decided to play along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge of fur or feathers.  And I will add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.  The amazing Emma William, who is on SSS Monday challenge design team, created a beautiful tag featuring a bird.  Her tag is a bit more moodier than mine, but I was 100% inspired by her tag.  Take a look at what I made.


I started off my tag by spritzing a #8 distress heavy stock tag with a combination of Speckled Egg, Salvaged Patina and Antique Linen distress spray stains and Frozen Fog distress mica spray.  I dried the tag in between the layers of color.  Once the tag was dry I uses a Simon Says Stamp pine bough stencil and some grit paste to add more texture to the background.  I also added some crackle paste.  Once both pastes were dry I scribbled some distress crayons in ground espresso and crushed olive onto an acrylic block, spritzed on some water, mixed the colors and then dabbed them onto the pastes with my finger.  I then adhered my tag to a #8 Etcetera thickboard tag.  Once that was dry I rubbed more of the ground espresso/crushed olive mix around the edge of the tag.   


For the bird I used my favorite Backyard Wren die set from Memory Box.  The twiggy wreath, feathers blossom stem and budding stems are from the Greetery.   For the wreath I sprized heavy stock with walnut stain and Crooked Broomstick distress mica spray.  I spritzed on water to move the colors around.  Once the panels were dry I die cut them with the wreath die and two dies that cut twiggy branches for layering on the wreath.  There is a wreath stamp that coordinates with the wreath base and I used that to stamp on some Scorched Timber distress ink.  Once that was dry I adhered on the branches.  The other pieces were inked with distress oxide inks in Speckled Egg, Pumice Store, Vintage Photo, Spun Sugar and Bundled Sage.   I assembled everything, let them dry and then adhered them to the tag as you see.  I finished off the tag with some chunky twine and a small key that I tried to grunge up with some grit paste and ground espresso distress crayon.  A small pin was used to attach the key to the twine.    I'm super pleased with how my tag turned out.


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wowza, this is fantastic! Love all of your layers and textures. Marvelous tag, Rosemary!

Greta said...

Absolutely stunning creation, Rosemary! You did Emma Williams proud! I always admire her work, but have never attempted to do anything close to it. You've inspired me, as I've been wanting to include a bird with one of my wreaths. Time to do it!

TK said...

love YOUR tag, wren and mixed media! This is really pretty, Rosemary, and a delight to look at. I also love the new/er background you put on your blog

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How absolutely beautiful. Wonderful texture and colour mix and I love the wreath and Wren, a fabulous make in every way Rosemary. x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous tag Rosemary :-) the whole design of this is stunning!! I am sure Emma will be thrilled that you 'CASED' her work! :-)

Congratulations you have won the $25 gift certificate on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Please email us at simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com to claim your voucher
Luv
Lols x x x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous tag, Rosemary - love the sweet bird and wreath with all the texture behind!!