"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, August 5, 2017

celebrate...

Hello!!  The other day the beautiful MFT All Smiles card kit landed on my front porch and last night I got a chance to make a card with it.  I used the current MFT color challenge combo, as well as the current MFT sketch.  I don't have a color similar to MFT's Purple Rain and so I tried to create my own by combining blue and purple inks together.  Initially it looked rather close, but looking at it now it doesn't... oh well... I tried, lol!  I stamped all the flowers using the ink combo I created and then the leaves using PTI's Simply Chartreuse.  The centers of the larger flowers were stamped with a color I thought was similar to MFT's Green Eyed Monster as were the smaller flowers.  Added in some small dots in the blue/purple to fill in the spaces a bit.  I die cut one edge with an AJVD edger die and adhered my piece to some light gray cardstock that is similar to MFT's Grout Gray.  A couple of thin strips of the same cardstock were cut and adhered.  One of the other things I got in my order was the beautiful "celebrate" die.  I die cut that three times from white cardstock and adhered them together.  I stamped the sentiment from the All Smiles stamp set that comes in the kit on black cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder.  That was die cut with the free MFT die set that I got and adhered with the word celebrate to finish things off.


Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SSS fog; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Dies:  My Favorite Things and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Hero Arts, PTI, VersaMark; Embossing powder:  Hero Arts 

5 comments:

Greta said...

That is a wonderful kit & you're already making magic with it, Rosemary! Beautiful card! Would you believe I used the color combo for a Christmas card?! Just gotta get it posted. Enjoy the weekend!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and how you stamped the background with the flowers. Great take on the sketch.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your take on the sketch, Rosemary!! Great background you created with the leaves and flowers!!

Anita in France said...

Just lovely, Rosemary ... you did a great job combining ink colours to get just the right shade, it looks perfect to me! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

The colors look good to me! This is pretty Rosemary!!