"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

two cards... two sketches...

Hey there!!  Stopping in with two cards for two sketch challenges.  Recently Julee started the Viva la Verve challenges back up and I could not be happier!!  I have missed playing along as often as I could using my yummy Verve stamps!!  My first card is for that challenge.   I'm still on a mission to use up my patterned paper and today I made a little dent in the collection... YAY!  I used lots of paper on this card and I love how it turned out!!  The stamp set I used is the Verve Kindness Matters set.  The matching dies were used to die cut the flowers after I had stamped them on the patterned paper using dark blue ink.  The same ink was used for the sentiment.   The background panel was created by layering all the paper together and then die cutting them.  Because the bottom portion was rather thick I did have to die cut that a second time.  I layered on the sentiment panel and then added the flower.  To give the flower a bit more dimension I cut into the petal of the top flower, shaped the a little and then adhered it with a foam dimensional.  After the flower was adhered I die cut the little sprigs and adhered them.  I added a large drop of Nuvo Glitter Drops to the center of the flower.  Everything was adhered to a teal cardstock base.   Since there is still lots of time to play along at Viva La Verve I think I'm going to be making another card!


The second card is for the current Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.  This is the first time in a very long time that I have actually gotten my card for the challenge done this early... YAY!!  I may even find the time to make another card!  I used and oldie, but goodie Reverse Confetti set called Fresh 'n Fruity.  I kept this one simple and used just one piece of patterned paper from a pack of papers from Webster's Pages.  I stamped the oranges in two shades of orange ink using both orange stamps from the set.   Stamped the leaves and then die cut everything with the matching dies.  The sentiment was stamped on the banner that was cut using the banner die from the RC Tag Me die set.  After adhering the patterned paper I arranged how I wanted everything to be and then stamped the bottom sentiment.   Adhered everything, added the orange enamel dots and I was done.  Love the clean look of this one!   And since I got my card done so early in the month just like with Viva La Verve I may make another one!!

Have a wonderful day...
Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, MFT Tropical Teal; Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye Kate & Co, Webster's Pages Family Traditions; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti, Verve; Dies:  Reverse Confetti, Verve and A Jillian Vance Design; Ink:  Stampin Up! Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Memento Tangelo, MFT Green Apple; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Nuvo Glitter Drops

8 comments:

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous matching and layering of those lovely papers, Rosemary ... and what a fabulous bloom! The zesty orange is delicious ... bold and fun ... such a great sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Boy is your mojo flowing, Rosemary! 2 entirely different & wonderful creations! You are the queen of using sketches & designer paper! The Verve card is stunning & once again you've made me want to try stamping on dp!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fabulous cards, Rosemary! Just love your interpretation of both sketches! The patterned flower is a fave but the oranges are sweet too!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are both so beautiful, Rosemary! Love that polka dot flower! So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve! :)

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your incredible mix of patterns on the first card Rosemary!! You had me with the layered polka dot flower!! The second is simply delightful. Love them both!!

Carmela said...

Such a lovely card! The flower and papers are so pretty together.
Nicely done.

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I just love how you combined your die cut images with the beautiful designer papers. Brilliant Rosi!