Hey there! I'm popping in with a couple of cards that I made for some MFT challenges. Their annual card design superstar contest is going on. I decided to challenge myself and enter the coloring virtuoso contest, as well as the clean and simple challenge. First up is the card for the coloring challenge. I have a lot of MFT's beautiful floral stamp sets and I used the Rose Garden set to make my card. I stamped the image on smooth bristol cardstock with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne and then colored with ZIG markers. Because this is a coloring challenge I challenged myself to color the images using two very different colors. I started by coloring the flowers using a pink ZIG and once that layer was dry I added in light yellow. I pretty pleased with my coloring on this image. I die cut a piece of white cardstock with a label die from MFT (I think it is no longer available) and then trimmed down the two pieces even further to widen the center. I had inked up a piece of bristol with Speckled Egg distress oxide ink, die cut it with a mini scalloped rectangle die from MFT adhered it to the center of my card base and then trimmed down the sides. I adhered the other pieces with foam tape and then added the rose image to the center. The sentiment is from another MFT set and was embossed with white on vellum and die cut with an MFT fishtail banner die. A larger fishtail banner was die cut, layered with the first one and adhered to the card front.
The second card is for the clean and simple challenge for the Card Design Superstar. For this card I used the super cute Stacey Yacula Sending Sweet Celebration Wishes. This card is going to my sister-in-law who has a couple of turtles. I stamped the little guy and a cupcake on smooth bristol and colored with ZIGs just like I did with the first card. After coloring everything I die cut the images with the matching dies. I used another small rectangle die from MFT to cut the little piece behind the turtle and the cupcake. I cut a strip of black and white striped patterned paper and adhered that on one side of my cardstock base. I trimmed down a panel of white cardstock and adhered that to the front with foam tape. I then created a messy loop of black thread, adhered the rectangle on top and then added the turtle and cupcake. The sentiment from the same set was stamped on a fishtail banner with Nocturne ink, trimmed down to fit the design and adhered.