"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, October 29, 2020

creating with fun stampers journey...

 Hello everyone!  Today I'm popping in with a card that I made with some lovely products from Fun Stampers Journey/Spellbinders.   These products are from the newly released FSJ Buzzworthy collection.  My card uses the lovely Sweet as Honey stamp set and the Sweet Honeycomb stencil.  I started my card by inking up one corner of a white cardstock panel using the stencil and Squeezed Lemonade distress oxide ink.  I then scored a line at an angle from one side of the panel to the other.  It is hard to see so I included a close up photo.   I then stamped the flower and a leaf on Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and then I did some simple watercoloring.  Once the flower and the leaf were mostly dry I trimmed them out.   By doing this I allow some natural curling to occur that lifts up the edges of the flower to give it dimension when I adhere it to the panel.  Before adhering the flower to the panel I adhered the second leaf behind the flower and let that dry.  When it was dry I placed the flower on the panel so I could place the sentiment where I wanted it and then stamp.   The flower was then adhered to the panel with glue.  I added some yellow Stickles to the center of the flower for a little sparkle.   I based my card on the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches so I will be posting it there.  I'm also going to send this off to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.



Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you will check out these new products from Fun Stampers Journey/Spellbinders.  And don't forget about the opportunity to save 30% off select Spellbinders kits.

8 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a beautiful take on the Super sketch Rosemary. Love your coloured corner and the beautiful flower and the clever embossed line.
Faith x

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card! I love that honeycomb stencilled in the background and that big, pink flower! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Shelly said...

So pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your scored lines and soft stenciling! What a pretty take on the sketch!!

Greta said...

Beautiful flower & card, Rosemary!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous flower, Rosemary, and I love your take on the sketch with the score line and honeycomb stenciling!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with that gorgeous flower and the stenciled background. Great take on the sketch. TFS

Kim S said...

This is such a beautiful use of the sketch - I love the soft stenciling and the simple embossed line behind that lovely flower. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.