"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, October 24, 2020

more leaves!

 Hello everyone!  Popping in with a couple of cards that feature... yes... leaves, lol!  I recently got my Spellbinders small die kit for October and I just had to make something with it.  I went with the colors from Color Throwdown and I will be adding it to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of layering.  I did a lot of layering with this one!  I die cut the main layer pieces from black cardstock and all the little leaves from kraft and a cranberry red cardstock.  I then layered on all the little leaves.  That was quite the task!  I then linked up all the pieces on a cream colored cardstock panel.  The sentiment is from a Spellbinders Glimmer plate set and I foiled it in red on to kraft cardstock.  The sentiment has a matching die so I used that to trim it out and popped it up in the center.   I added the panel to a kraft cardstock base to finish things off.  



 This next cards also features leaves and I will be sending it off to CAS(E) this Sketch (thanks for the Honorable Mention!), the Card Concept and the Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash challenge.  Whenever I can (which isn't often!) I tried to pick up something from Reverse Confetti when they have a new release.  I was able to get the new In All Things stamp and die set so I used that for my card.  I stamped the wreath using VersaFine Acorn ink and then watercolored very simply using the Altenew 12 pan watercolor set.  Once I had enough layers of color and it was dry I die cut it with the matching die. For the vertical element in the CTS layout I used dark green and gold twine.  I created a little bow for the wreath out of the same twine and attached it at the top.  I stamped the sentiment from the RC Fall Foliage set (I only used part of the sentiment) in Acorn ink and then adhered the wreath using foam dimensionals.   I guess my card would fall into a clean and layered category for the Card Concept.  I pulled different colors from the inspiration photo.





Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

Wow! All that work with those little leaf dies! You have so much more patience and determination than I would ever have. Your card is a masterpiece of detail...beautiful detail.

Lisa Elton said...

It was well worth the effort Rosemary and so pretty! Your CTS card is fantastic. Love the texture the twine adds!

Greta said...

2 beauties, Rosemary! I've been sitting here looking at my Spellbinders kit, but it's still unopened. Your efforts were so worth it! I love the RC wreath & your card! Funny I'm so drawn to leaves--as long as they don't have to be raked!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO worth all the work, a gorgeous leaf card, a treasure for keeping, I'm sure. The take on this sketch is so beautiful and clever with the twine. Both Stunning cards.
Faith x

Wanda Cullen said...

Wowzers, these are both so gorgeous! I especially love the layered leaves in the first card! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

TK said...

Beautiful! These are definitely stunning cards, Rosemary! Love the colors, the CAS and the sweet details

Anita in France said...

The warmth of your beautifully layered leafy frame is just lovely, Rosemary ... and how gorgeous is the autumn wreath against the twine texture ... yum! Hugs, Anita :)

LeAnne said...

Both are just beautiful in their leafy goodness! Thank you for sharing this with us at The Creative Concept!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous leafy cards, Rosemary!! Especially love the wreath but the four corner card looks amazing too!!

Nancy Penir said...

2 beauties, Rosemary. Came to tell you thanks for playing along at the Card Concept, and was treated to a pair of stunning fall cards! The soft colors on the wreath are so lovely. And I LOVE the sentiment! Have a great week!