"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, October 12, 2020

reindeer and pumpkins!

 Hello!  Hope your week is off to a great start!  I'm popping in with several cards that I made using some products from Spellbinders.  First up are two cards that I made using the absolutely adorable Seasons Greetings Deer etched die set.  This die set was originally available in a Spellbinders card kit from 2018, but so many people were requesting the die set they brought it back as a stand alone product!  You can make all different types of reindeer with the set.   I made a girl reindeer and a boy reindeer.  These cards will be going to my great niece and great nephew at Christmas time.  I used a layout from Mojo Monday for both cards so I will be posting one of them there.   The card for my niece uses patterned paper from a company that is no longer around.  They were from Poland, I believe, and I just fell in love with their line of Christmas papers called Cozy Christmas.  I still have one 6x6 pad that I am hoarding, but I busted it out for this card, lol!  After die cutting all the of the pieces for each dear from the same cardstock (except her nose is pink and she has pink cheeks!) I assembled them.   I created a little pink poinsettia using the included dies for the little girl and a Santa hat and bow tie for the boy.  He also got a red nose that I cover with Glossy Accents to give it some shine.   The patterned paper I used for the boy is from PhotoPlay and is called Kringle & Co.  I cut all the papers, using Spellbinders classic squares and circle dies for those elements on each card and then layered everything up.  The sentiments were hot foiled on coordinating papers using my Glimmer Hot Foil system from Spellbinders.   




Think I'm going to try making this cute little deer into a unicorn!  The main part of the Santa hat would work perfectly for that!

This next card was created using my Glimmer Hot Foil system and I just love how it turned out.  I'm going to post it over at the Inspired By challenge of pumpkin spice.  I was inspired by the theme and pumpkins!  I foiled everything using Polished Brass foil.  Once I was finished with the foiling I die cut the main panel down with a rectangle die.  I colored the pumpkins and foliage with Copic markers.  It works fine and doesn't seem to damage the nibs.  I tried it after seeing Yana Smakula use her Copics to color in foiled images.  I die cut all the images with their matching dies and adhered to the panel.  I added a few sequins in fall colors of brown and yellow to finish off the card.  Love how it turned out!



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

6 comments:

Anita in France said...

Your girl and boy reindeer are so cute, Rosemary ... sweet and handsome, respectively ... and as ever your pp matching is perfect! I do love your pumpkin card ... the foiled gold is just beautiful with your rich, autumnal colouring ... it's a beauty! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Wow, wow, wow! Incredible cards, Rosemary! The reindeer cards are over the top--treasures to keep! And the pumpkins really have my heart! I need some bronze foil, but will never be able to color like you did! Love everything about that card!

Lisa Elton said...

How stinkin' cute are those reindeer!! The doe is extra sweet. The CAS design of your fall card is fantastic and what pretty pumpkins. So happy to see it in our IB gallery!

TK said...

Fun deer cards, love that you made one of each. And your pumpkin? Stunning and elegant, so in love with that scripty sentiment!

Danni Reid said...

Oh happy post, love all your cards, your deer are ADORABLE and your thankful grateful blessed card is so gorgeous, love your design too! Thank you for inspiring us this week @ IB!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are all simply beautiful! So glad you could play along with the sketch!