"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, December 19, 2020

a couple cards...

 Hey there!  Hope you are well and are ready for Christmas.   As usual I'm really not ready for Christmas, but that's okay.  Have a couple of cards to share.  First up is a card for Freshly Made Sketches and the Reverse Confetti stock your stash challenge.  The challenge this month is thank you cards.  I was still feeling in a aqua/red mood so I used those colors along with the Reverse Confetti Thank You stamp and die set, as well as the Sketched Florals stamp and die set.  I created a wreath of sorts on the main panel of the FMS sketch from two of the images from the Sketched Floral stamp set.   I stamped the large Thank You from the Thank You stamp set in aqua ink and then die cut it with the matching die.  The shadow layer was die cut from red cardstock.  I cut additional thank yous from white cardstock to layer behind the stamped one and then adhered them to the shadow layer.  I nestled the thank you into the main panel and adhered that to the card front.  



The second card is for the current Inspired By challenge.  I went with the idea of the clock and some of the colors from the balloons with a little silver thrown in there.   The clock was created using a die from PaperTrey Ink.   There were other products that went along with this particular die, but I only bought the clock face.  I die cut it from some really pretty silver marblized paper from Spellbinders.  The paper is pretty thin so I die cut a second clock face from white cardstock and adhered it to give the clock more stability.   The numbers were die cut from some light purple patterned paper that is also from Spellbinders (both papers came in a card kit from them called Sparkling Holiday).  When you die cut the clock face many of the pieces come out like the little circles.  I saved some of the pieces to place back inside the clock face.  I adhered the clock to a panel of white cardstock and then pieced back in the circles popping them up with foam dots.  I then added the numbers to the circles.   The sentiment is from the Happy New Year stamp set from A Jillian Vance Design.  I had only one opportunity to get it stamped and thankfully it worked!  I finished off the card with little bits of silver striped and silver glitter washi tape and some silver fashion embellishments from Spellbinders.   Must say thank you to the team at Inspired by for picking my snowman thank you card as the honorable mention for the Melted Snowman challenge!



Thanks for stopping by!  Here's to hoping that 2021 is alot better than 2020!  Have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Lyn said...

This card is gorgeous, I love your colours. It makes me so tempted to buy these stamps <3

Lisa Elton said...

Wow Rosemary, two PRETTY cards! Your take on the sketch is fabulous, a winner for sure! And what a great clock you've created! The silver embellies remind me of dragées. Thanks so much for joining us at IB!

Greta said...

Wonderful cards, Rosemary! I really love making your own wreath behind the thanks & just can't beat that color combo! I agree with Lisa--a winner! Boy did you know how to use the inspiration photo--perfect!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Rosemary, what wonderful and beautiful cards. Love the sentiment surrounded by the flowers, pretty colours also. The clock is gorgeous, I love the silver additions, makes it look so elegant.
Faith x

TK said...

Stunning! While both beautiful, your first card is stunning -- such wonderful colors!

Amy O said...

These are fabulous! I love the colors on your FMS card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and have a merry Christmas!

I Card Everyone said...

Rosemary your card is timeless... pun intended! Seriously gorgeous, with a sentiment that is spot on!
Thanks so much for joining IB as we ring out the old, and cheer on the New!
=]

Michelle said...

Rosemary, this card is just beautiful! I love the colours and it's just lovely to look at.

Jen Timko said...

Beautiful cards! Love that wreath and those fabulous colors. So glad you joined us at FMS!