"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, December 7, 2020

Christmas Cheer!

 Hello!  I'm back with an other post.  This one is for the current MFT sketch challenge, the Paper Players challenge and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.   I have never been into stamps of animals.  My preference for images is florals.  But... I absolutely adore the sweet little images of foxes, bunnies, birds and other animals designed by Stacey Yacula.   So last week I received an MFT/Stacey Yacula stamp and die set called Christmas Cheer.  I just love the little bunny in the stamp set.  So using the theme from Paper Players, the sketch from the MFT sketch challenge and dies (for the SSS Wednesday challenge) I created my little card.   I stamped the bunny, the Christmas tree and the treeline on watercolor paper from Tim Holtz and then colored the images with watercolor pencils.   Once everything was mostly dry I die cut them with their matching dies.  To create the more angled slope of the treeline I trimmed off the little trees and then angled the little hills so they were a little steeper and then die cut with a rectangle die.  The same die was used to diecut some very pale blue cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment at angle directly on the snowy slope.  I adhered the treeline to the rectangle and then added the smaller trees, the Christmas tree and finally the little bunny.   




Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love her sweet little images too and I love what you've done with them here! Your card is adorable!

LeAnne said...

I find animals a bit of a challenge too, but you nailed it with this sweet little bunny! Love the pastel hues! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Players this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling bunny scene, Rosemary - great take on the sketch!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Such a happy card, love the images and how you have used the sketch. LOVE your card.
Faith x

Greta said...

Adorable scene, Rosemary! Love your coloring & how you did the sentiment!

TK said...

He's a cutie patootie, and a happy one at that! Such a great card

Stef Perry said...

Rosemary you've created such a fun scene! Great idea to trim and reposition the background trees to achieve a different angle and your coloring is fabulous as always. I can totally identify with you about a preference for florals (which are still my first love), but have found the stamps like those you've used so charming and hard to resist. Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous card with The Paper Players this week!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Such a sweet little bunny having some winter fun on the slopes. Love it! :) Thanks so much for sharing your pretty project with us this week at The Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Rosemary your sweet bunny is adorable and I love the way you created you little festive scene. Thanks for playing along with my theme challenge over at The Paper Players this week!