"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, December 11, 2020

a deer and snowflakes...

 Hey there!  I got some crafty time today and I managed to make TWO cards!  Pretty proud of myself although I'm sure I have made at least two cards on the same day in the last few weeks, lol!   First up is a card for Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches.    Amy Rohl, who is one of the designers over at CTD, created the most amazing cards using die cut poinsettias and die cut deer.   My card is something of a shameless case of her brilliant designs.   I die cut a tag from green cardstock and then two more from white cardstock and adhered them together.  The poinsettia was die cut from white cardstock using the AJVD poinsettia die and the deer from aqua cardstock using another AJVD die.   The AJVD deer die set includes a pair of glasses and other items to decorate your deer.  I die cut the glasses and a little dot from pink cardstock and adhered those to the deer.  The poinsettia was adhered to the tag and then I added the deer.  I looped pink baker's twine through the hole in the tag and tied a knot at the end.  Everything was adhered to a rectangle die cut from white cardstock.  The sentiment is from the AJVD Light of Christmas stamp set.  I stamped it using VersaFine CLAIR Morning Mist and die cut it with a banner die.  As a finishing touch I added Glossy Accents to the glasses for a little shine and realism. 



The second card is for the MFT sketch challenge.  I tried my hand at creating a tree from snowflakes!  I have an older set of MFT snowflake dies and I cut all of them from white and light gray cardstock.  I then layered one white and one gray of different snowflakes together.   Once they were dry I arranged the snowflakes on a panel of aqua cardstock.  When I had roughly the shape of a tree I adhered the snowflakes with liquid adhesive.  I added aqua colored jewels from Pretty Pink Posh to the centers of all the snowflakes.  The sentiment is from a now retired MFT sentiment set.  I stamped it on vellum with watermark ink and heat embossed in white.  Trimmed it down to a thin strip, wrapped it around the panel and adhered it in the back.  The panel was adhered to a light gray cardstock base.  Adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of let it snow.



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab reindeer with shades on card one - love the pop of the green tag, Rosemary!! And what a pretty snowflake tree - love the lacy look of it!!

Lisa Elton said...

Your reindeer is one cool dude in his shades, what a FUN card! And your second card is beyond gorgeous... my goodness!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Holy moly, your cards are both genius and so lovely!! I especially am loving that snowflake tree! Always love seeing your creations in the CTD gallery!

Amy O said...

These are both fabulous cards! I love the cool deer paired with the poinsettia, and the snowflake tree -- OMG! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

SmilynStef said...

both cards are perfection ... love those sunglasses

TK said...

Cute! Your stylin' reindeer is fun, and your snowflake tree is cute and ingenious.

Greta said...

Totally love your cards, Rosemary! The snowflake tree is amazing & the deer is adorable!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! You've done it again such gorgeous work, I love your blue reindeer and his sunglasses, a fabulous card. Your snowflake tree is beautiful and so elegant Rosemary. Fabulous work.
Faith x

Broni said...

Your second card is just beautiful, but I sure love your CASE of Amy's card! Just perfect! Thank you so much for playing with us at the Color Throwdown this week and this whole year!

Jen Timko said...

Both of this are awesome! The reindeer adds such a fun touch to the tag card and I love the colors. So glad to see you this week at FMS!